    If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    from as their premise does this constitute racism??

    i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    The Dude, Feb 21, 2004

  2. The Dude

    Ed Guest

    If you are both American, I doubt it.

    Ed

    Ed, Feb 21, 2004

  3. The Dude

    Declan Swan Guest

    The Dude wrote:
    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I
    > come from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    Definition of Racism
    1.. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or
    ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    2.. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    Now calling you a fat yank c*nt could be classed as racism, as the Yanks are
    a race, even if they think they _are_ the world, they are only a race.

    Declan Swan, Feb 21, 2004
  4. The Dude

    Declan Swan Guest

    Declan Swan, Feb 21, 2004
  5. The Dude

    Declan Swan Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Declan Swan, Feb 21, 2004
  6. The Dude

    Declan Swan Guest

    Declan Swan, Feb 21, 2004
  7. The Dude

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c17c03$q3c$>,
    says...
    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    > from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    That statement doesn't refer to your race.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Feb 21, 2004
  8. The Dude

    Dan Glybitz Guest

    "The Dude" <> wrote in message
    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    > from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    Sorry, but this makes me laugh even though it's probably a serious question.
    You are not concerned that he/she thinks you're a c*nt, but mention you're
    from Texas(for example) and you take offence? I think perhaps the Texan
    comment is more for emphasis. You're not just a c*nt, you're a Texan c*nt.
    Alternatively it might just be to make sure you know it's you they're
    talking about, as opposed to the black/Irish/fat/old c*nt standing nearby. I
    have an ongoing problem with a guy at work who has accused me of being
    racist(he's black, I'm white). I called him a lazy c*nt, no mention of his
    colour or country of origin, purely that I thought he was lazy, so he
    complains that I'm racist??? I'm wondering if him using racism as a reason
    in this case is him being racist towards me possibly? Whatever, he's still a
    c*nt. HTH.

    DG.
    --
    "Guess I'll have to split up with my black girlfriend now in case she finds
    out."

    Dan Glybitz, Feb 21, 2004
  9. The Dude

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:21:16 -0000, Hywel wrote:

    >In article <c17c03$q3c$>,
    >says...
    >> If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    >> from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >>
    >> i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    >That statement doesn't refer to your race.

    It may well, Texan's think overly too much of themselves. Besides there
    are at leat 2 distinct sub groups the non-city and the city types.

    Me

    why?, Feb 21, 2004
  10. The Dude

    Spider Guest

    The Dude wrote:

    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    > from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    No, bigot would be more appropriate. "One who is strongly partial to
    one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those
    who differ."

    --

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Feb 21, 2004
  11. The Dude

    gangle Guest

    No, it's not racism. It's a prejudice based on a regional
    stereotype.

    "The Dude" wrote

    gangle, Feb 21, 2004
  12. The Dude

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:30:24 -0000, "The Dude" <>
    wrote:

    >If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    >from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    >i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    Yes. It is also ageist, sexist, homophobic or heterosexist, lookist,
    and ableist. It may also possibly be elitist, classist, anti-Semitic,
    anti-Irish, anti-French, pornographic, misogynist, misanthropist (or,
    if you prefer, misandronic or misandronist), height-ist, Communist,
    and demeaning towards unborn persons.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 21, 2004
  13. The Dude

    Paul - xxx Guest

    The Dude posted ...

    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I
    > come from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    Dunno.

    Are you from Texas

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 21, 2004
  14. The Dude

    Paul - xxx Guest

    The Dude posted ...

    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I
    > come from as their premise does this constitute racism??
    >
    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    Dunno.

    Are you from Texas ?

    Are you a **** ?

    If it's all true, how can it be racist ?

    ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Feb 21, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004
  16. The Dude wrote:

    > If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I come
    > from as their premise does this constitute racism??

    > i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    *Racism*?

    Which do you consider a race: Texans or cunts?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    http://linuxnotjustforgeeks.org

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2004
  17. Declan Swan wrote:
    > The Dude wrote:
    >> If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I
    >> come from as their premise does this constitute racism??

    >> i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    > Definition of Racism
    > 1.. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or
    > ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
    > 2.. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
    > Now calling you a fat yank c*nt could be classed as racism, as the Yanks are
    > a race, even if they think they _are_ the world, they are only a race.

    I think most Americans, like the people of most of the rest of the world, can
    tell the difference between a nationality and a race.

    It's a shame you're not that intelligent.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2004
  18. Paul - xxx wrote:
    > The Dude posted ...

    >> If someone(repeatedly) verbally abuses me using the area from which I
    >> come from as their premise does this constitute racism??

    >> i.e.-"you Texan c**t"

    > Dunno.

    > Are you from Texas ?

    > Are you a **** ?

    > If it's all true, how can it be racist ?

    A better determination would be that since neither of those constitute
    a *race*, it can't be *racism*, whether or not they're true.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2004