    Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My rig is
    a three year old HP, using 98se.

    Any suggest much appreciated
    Lee, Aug 12, 2004

  2. Lee

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a
    >| program on my hard drive with a long list (i.e., a cd inventory)
    >| frequently the cursor will initially move one item per click, then
    >| suddenly race to the bottom and lock there. Only solutions has been
    >| to reboot -- and go somewhere else.
    >|
    >| Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My
    >| rig is a three year old HP, using 98se.
    >|
    >| Any suggest much appreciated

    One click with *what*? Mouse? Keyboard? TV remote? Dog trainer clicker? A
    more detailed description of what you are doing just might help...

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Aug 12, 2004

  3. Lee

    °Mike° Guest

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:14:01 -0400, in
    <>
    Lee scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Lee wrote:

    > When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a program

    A site like what?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Lee

    DC Guest

    Lee wrote:
    > When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a program
    > on my hard drive with a long list (i.e., a cd inventory) frequently the
    > cursor will initially move one item per click, then suddenly race to the
    > bottom and lock there. Only solutions has been to reboot -- and go somewhere
    > else.

    > Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My rig is
    > a three year old HP, using 98se.

    > Any suggest much appreciated

    Keyboard sticking? Clean it/try another keyboard.

    Otherwise,

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001