    very much. CCity has the dvd on sale this week, and I would like to
    pick it up if she has more than just a small role.

    Thanks.
    BeStiff, Jun 25, 2003

  2. BeStiff

    Zimmy Guest

    BeStiff wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how much screen time Rachel Weisz has in the film
    > "About a Boy"? I have seen some reviews that imply she is in about
    > 1/2 the film and has a lot of scenes, and other reviews make it sound
    > as if she only shows up for the last 1/3 of the movie, and is not seen
    > very much. CCity has the dvd on sale this week, and I would like to
    > pick it up if she has more than just a small role.
    >
    > Thanks.

    As a huge Weisz fan, I can say, not nearly enough.
    Closer to the "last 1/3" of the movie.
    Zimmy, Jun 25, 2003

  3. BeStiff

    yodude Guest

    "Zimmy" <> wrote in message
    > BeStiff wrote:
    > > Can anyone tell me how much screen time Rachel Weisz has in the film
    > > "About a Boy"? I have seen some reviews that imply she is in about
    > > 1/2 the film and has a lot of scenes, and other reviews make it sound
    > > as if she only shows up for the last 1/3 of the movie, and is not seen
    > > very much. CCity has the dvd on sale this week, and I would like to
    > > pick it up if she has more than just a small role.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > As a huge Weisz fan, I can say, not nearly enough.
    > Closer to the "last 1/3" of the movie.

    I concur. She isnt it in hardly at all.
    yodude, Jun 25, 2003
  4. BeStiff

    Gerry Guest

    > Can anyone tell me how much screen time Rachel Weisz has in the film
    > "About a Boy"? I have seen some reviews that imply she is in about
    > 1/2 the film and has a lot of scenes, and other reviews make it sound
    > as if she only shows up for the last 1/3 of the movie, and is not seen
    > very much. CCity has the dvd on sale this week, and I would like to
    > pick it up if she has more than just a small role.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Rent it for Hugh Grant. He was great in it.
    Gerry, Jun 25, 2003
  5. BeStiff

    Jason Guest

    I am so glad Hugh Grant is around. He makes the only chick flicks I
    can enjoy. Just watched "2 weeks notice" and I can not imagine ANY
    male lead who could have made that film enjoyable other than Grant. He
    was a riot. As for Rachael, she has minimal screen time in "About a
    boy". She also has an incredibly androgenous ethnically blurry son in
    the movie. I initially thought her child was the punk chick the boy
    liked and couldn't figure out why they didn't recognize each other.
    Jason, Jun 26, 2003
  6. BeStiff

    Peter Briggs Guest

    BeStiff <> wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me how much screen time Rachel Weisz has in the film
    > "About a Boy"?

    As she can't act for toffee, and her voice grates like a great big graty
    thing, I'd say....far too much.

    Liked the movie a lot, though. I think it's because I'm verging on that
    time of my life. You younger guys likely won't "get it"...
    Peter Briggs, Jun 26, 2003