    printing with a darker / more red tone to it than before. My other printer
    still matches the screen well enough.

    How do I get the duff printer back to match the screen?

    Piemanlager, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Piemanlager

    Marvin Guest

    Piemanlager wrote:
    > I have two r300 printers connected to my PC. All was well until I saw some
    > streaks appear on a print with allot of blue sky and went through the
    > cleaning and head alignment procedures as per the on screen maintenance
    > instructions. Since then, the printer that I attempted to "fix" has been
    > printing with a darker / more red tone to it than before. My other printer
    > still matches the screen well enough.
    >
    > How do I get the duff printer back to match the screen?

    I'm guessing that the print head openings are now cleaner than when you set up the printer before;
    they may be dirtier, but the cure is the same anyway. If another cleaning doesn't change anything,
    set up the printer again to match the monitor.

    I have a preference for HP printers. One reason is that the heads are in the cartridges, so they
    don't get clogged much. And if they do, the openings can usually be cleaned by putting the print
    head part of the cartridge into shallow water for severla minutes.

    Marvin, Apr 15, 2005