    Judging by the picture to season 3 of the R1 Sliders it looks like they have
    changed
    the packaging it for the better.

    Steve, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Steve

    jayembee Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote:

    > Just received the season 1& 2 boxset, I think it has got to be the worst
    > DVD packaging I have seen. Or has anyone else seen worse?
    >
    > Why they chose to have the DVD's sticking out of a foam insert is
    > beyond me. I don't understand why they didn't go for Star Trek Next
    > Generation style or even better Lost in Space Packaging.

    The idea was to try and capture the idea of the series image of overlapping
    copies of Earth. Whether it works or not is up to the consumer to decide.
    I think it looks funky, myself.

    Universal seems bent on trying odd packaging, from the Big Giant (Cylon)
    Head packaging for the first release of the original GALACTICA to the first two
    seasons of NORTHERN EXPOSURE coming inside miniature parkas, to this SLIDERS
    packaging. Personally, I think it's just a way for them to justify charging a
    higher price for the set.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Aug 12, 2005