    in these areas? Otherwise, the images look impressive with good
    colour, tone and noise supression.
    -Rich
    Rich, Nov 27, 2005

  2. Am Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:22:02 -0500 schrieb Rich:

    > I'm seeing this on most of the photo collections done by people with
    > the R1. Does this camera have a tendency for "lack of highlight
    > control" or is it just that the photogs are allowing for overexposure
    > in these areas? Otherwise, the images look impressive with good
    > colour, tone and noise supression.
    > -Rich

    Please give me a link to a R1 photo collection with this images.

    Regards,
    Andi
    Andreas Buchner, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 23:13:25 +0100, Andreas Buchner
    <> wrote:

    >Am Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:22:02 -0500 schrieb Rich:
    >
    >> I'm seeing this on most of the photo collections done by people with
    >> the R1. Does this camera have a tendency for "lack of highlight
    >> control" or is it just that the photogs are allowing for overexposure
    >> in these areas? Otherwise, the images look impressive with good
    >> colour, tone and noise supression.
    >> -Rich

    >Please give me a link to a R1 photo collection with this images.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Andi

    I don't have the link, but it was Sony's site. Someone posted about
    "new sample images" in a couple groups.
    -Rich
    Rich, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Rich

    ThePervert Guest

    Rich <> wrote in news:bk1ko1p4nivccaiheles6t2c5rn79o67r2@
    4ax.com:

    > I'm seeing this on most of the photo collections done by people with
    > the R1. Does this camera have a tendency for "lack of highlight
    > control" or is it just that the photogs are allowing for overexposure
    > in these areas? Otherwise, the images look impressive with good
    > colour, tone and noise supression.
    > -Rich

    All of the Canon DSLR's that I have seen or used have this problem!
    ThePervert, Nov 29, 2005
  5. ThePervert wrote:

    > Rich <> wrote in news:bk1ko1p4nivccaiheles6t2c5rn79o67r2@
    > 4ax.com:
    >

    >>I'm seeing this on most of the photo collections done by people with
    >>the R1. Does this camera have a tendency for "lack of highlight
    >>control" or is it just that the photogs are allowing for overexposure
    >>in these areas? Otherwise, the images look impressive with good
    >>colour, tone and noise supression.
    >>-Rich

    > All of the Canon DSLR's that I have seen or used have this problem!

    Seems to me that one reason to get the R1 would be the greater control
    of exposure so that this can't happen. I wish I had a live histogram.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Rich

    Annika1980 Guest

    >All of the Canon DSLR's that I have seen or used have this problem!

    And how many would that be? Like, ZERO?
    Annika1980, Nov 29, 2005
  7. Rich

    George Mann Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in news:1133275985.211822.92920
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >>All of the Canon DSLR's that I have seen or used have this problem!

    > And how many would that be? Like, ZERO?

    Brett, the 20D blows highlights as well!
    George Mann, Nov 29, 2005
  8. "George Mann" <> wrote in message
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in news:1133275985.211822.92920
    > @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >>>All of the Canon DSLR's that I have seen or used have this problem!

    >> And how many would that be? Like, ZERO?
    >>

    > Brett, the 20D blows highlights as well!

    No camera blows highlights: it takes an incompetent photographer to do that.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Nov 29, 2005
  9. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:54:34 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
    <> wrote:

    >"George Mann" <> wrote in message
    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in news:1133275985.211822.92920
    >> @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >>> And how many would that be? Like, ZERO?
    >>>

    >> Brett, the 20D blows highlights as well!

    >No camera blows highlights: it takes an incompetent photographer to do that.
    >
    >David J. Littleboy
    >Tokyo, Japan

    But there are cameras with less dyanamic range than others.
    -Rich

    Rich, Nov 30, 2005
  10. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:54:34 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"

    SNIP
    >>No camera blows highlights: it takes an incompetent photographer
    >>to do that.

    > But there are cameras with less dyanamic range than others.

    So? Competent photographers will check the histogram (if need be) and
    use whatever their workflow provides.

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Dec 1, 2005
  11. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 01:26:41 +0100, "Bart van der Wolf"
    <> wrote:

    >"Rich" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:54:34 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"

    >SNIP
    >>>No camera blows highlights: it takes an incompetent photographer
    >>>to do that.

    >> But there are cameras with less dyanamic range than others.

    >So? Competent photographers will check the histogram (if need be) and
    >use whatever their workflow provides.
    >
    >Bart

    With some cameras and under some conditions, you can't "save"
    everything.
    One magazine recently complained people were throwing huge areas
    of their images into shadow, ruining colour and upping noise, all for
    the sake of saving some tiny white area from being blown out.
    -Rich
    Rich, Dec 1, 2005