    documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the
    others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is
    the truth?

    vitibor, Dec 27, 2006

  2. vitibor

    Drake Guest

    "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, does anyone know if R2610 supports VLAN trunking and PAT? Does It
    > have something to do with fast-ethernet interface? I read in some
    > documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the
    > others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is
    > the truth?

    2610 ---> 1 Ethernet interface 10 Mb built-in
    2610XM --> 1 FastEthernet interface 10/100 Mb built-in

    VLAN trunking --> There is support in the c2600 ios images for ISL and .1q
    So you should be able to do it on a 2610.
    I've seen claims it can be done even on the
    2500 series
    but I doubt that because there is no support
    for trunking
    in the c2500 ios images.

    NAT-PAT --> Supported

    Drake, Dec 27, 2006

  3. vitibor

    vitibor Guest

    Thank you Drake. But I'm still in doubt. I heard that only on routers
    which have a fastethernet interface can be done division into
    subinterfaces. If c2600 ios support VLAN trunking and 2610 do not have
    fastethernet interface, doesn't it mean that VLAN trunking will not
    function on R2610?

    vitibor, Dec 27, 2006
  4. vitibor

    Drake Guest

    "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you Drake. But I'm still in doubt. I heard that only on routers
    > which have a fastethernet interface can be done division into
    > subinterfaces. If c2600 ios support VLAN trunking and 2610 do not have
    > fastethernet interface, doesn't it mean that VLAN trunking will not
    > function on R2610?

    Cisco documentation refers only to VLAN trunking over 100 mb links
    or above but Cisco is referring to production networks. If you google
    for "Cisco VLAN trunking 2610", you will find reports of people doing
    it in a training lab environment.

    Also check the 2620 router, it has an 10/100 ethernet interface.

    Drake, Dec 27, 2006
  5. vitibor

    newsreader Guest

    "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you Drake. But I'm still in doubt. I heard that only on routers
    > which have a fastethernet interface can be done division into
    > subinterfaces. If c2600 ios support VLAN trunking and 2610 do not have
    > fastethernet interface, doesn't it mean that VLAN trunking will not
    > function on R2610?
    > Drake wrote:
    >> "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, does anyone know if R2610 supports VLAN trunking and PAT? Does It
    >> > have something to do with fast-ethernet interface? I read in some
    >> > documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the
    >> > others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is
    >> > the truth?
    >> >

    >> 2610 ---> 1 Ethernet interface 10 Mb built-in
    >> 2610XM --> 1 FastEthernet interface 10/100 Mb built-in
    >>
    >> VLAN trunking --> There is support in the c2600 ios images for ISL and
    >> .1q
    >> So you should be able to do it on a 2610.
    >> I've seen claims it can be done even on
    >> the
    >> 2500 series
    >> but I doubt that because there is no
    >> support
    >> for trunking
    >> in the c2500 ios images.
    >>
    >> NAT-PAT --> Supported
    >>

    >> --

    I have a 2610 in my work lab. If you can wait another couple of hours I'll
    test and post an update soon.

    BernieM

    newsreader, Dec 27, 2006
  6. "vitibor" <> writes:
    >Thank you Drake. But I'm still in doubt. I heard that only on routers
    >which have a fastethernet interface can be done division into
    >subinterfaces. If c2600 ios support VLAN trunking and 2610 do not have
    >fastethernet interface, doesn't it mean that VLAN trunking will not
    >function on R2610?

    Its a common misconception. People keep repeating the maxim, but there
    are a few IOS loads that do VLAN trunking on the 2610 with its 10-base-T
    port. Its only a few, not any of the general shipped ones.

    You don't need FastEthernet to do VLAN trunking, but most people
    didn't bother backporting it for anything that was ethernet only.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 27, 2006
  7. vitibor

    Drake Guest

    "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, does anyone know if R2610 supports VLAN trunking and PAT? Does It
    > have something to do with fast-ethernet interface? I read in some
    > documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the
    > others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is
    > the truth?

    OK. Here is prove positive that 802.1q trunking can be done on a cisco 261x
    router:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin09186a00800921e4.html

    Drake, Dec 28, 2006
  8. vitibor

    Guest

    Drake wrote:

    > "vitibor" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, does anyone know if R2610 supports VLAN trunking and PAT? Does It
    > > have something to do with fast-ethernet interface? I read in some
    > > documentations that R2610 has "fast-ethernet" interface but in the
    > > others that it has only "ethernet" ?! In some I read 10/100 TX? What is
    > > the truth?
    > >

    > OK. Here is prove positive that 802.1q trunking can be done on a cisco 261x
    > router:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_bulletin09186a00800921e4.html

    Very nice.

    IIRC you need the "Plus" feture set or better for Trunking.

    , Dec 28, 2006
  9. vitibor

    vitibor Guest

    ok. It'll be a good thing to test it. thank you

    vitibor, Dec 28, 2006
  10. vitibor

    vitibor Guest

    Very good. Thank you Drake.