    color to output color requires 9 multiplications, and is required for any
    type of sensor. "

    --quote from Dick Merrill, Chief Scientist, Foveon

    George Preddy, Dec 18, 2003

  2. ask him about the phrase 'approaching medium format quality' and where is
    the evidence and details from their independent tests ?

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "I know of one bayer pattern reconstruction algorithm from a well known
    > digital camera company that requires 120 multiplications to calculate
    > a single pixel value! Because of all the complex guesswork associated

    with

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 18, 2003

  3. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Quoting the propaganda of Foveon Inc is not going to gain you any converts
    there Bunkey. Those of us who live in the real world have seen teh pictures
    and decided we don't need no steenkin Sigmas with or without no steenkin
    foveon cheep.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Dec 18, 2003
  4. "Betty Swallocks" <bettytrailertrash&> wrote in message
    > ask him about the phrase 'approaching medium format quality' and where is
    > the evidence and details from their independent tests ?

    Pro reporters who veiwed the wall-sized Foveon (Durst) photographs were the
    ones who said the SD9 outputs 56mm color film equivalency.

    George Preddy, Dec 18, 2003
  5. and who were these 'pro reporters' ? ...names please......

    Betty Swallocks, Dec 19, 2003
  6. George Preddy

    Alan D-W Guest

    > "I know of one bayer pattern reconstruction algorithm from a well known

    God, you are so beginning to bore me.

    Alan D-W, Dec 19, 2003
  7. George Preddy

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:33:54 -0000, "Alan D-W" <>
    wrote:

    >"George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    >> "I know of one bayer pattern reconstruction algorithm from a well known

    >God, you are so beginning to bore me.

    Just now????
    I'm one of the ones who finds the whole thing amusing---it's like take
    a random sample and see if George has manged to say something even
    stupider than previously. So far, he succeeds
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Dec 19, 2003
  8. George Preddy

    MikeWhy Guest

    [preddy] Re: Quotes from digital giants (#5)

    > ask him about the phrase 'approaching medium format quality' and where is
    > the evidence and details from their independent tests ?

    All cameras are only just "'approaching medium format quality'". The
    evidence is right there in front of you, everywhere you look. It wouldn't
    become news until one actually "exceeds MF quality", and gets "wider
    exposure latitude than negative film". I look forward to retiring the 4x5
    camera I never got around to acquiring. Until then, it's just marketing
    hype. For someone hell-bent on making his mark in this world, Mead sure set
    his sights low.

    MikeWhy, Dec 20, 2003