    -- quote from Dr. Caver Mead, Founder, Foveon Inc.

    "Nobody, ignores Carver Mead."

    -- quote from Bill Gates, wishes he was Founder, Foveon Inc.

    George Preddy, Dec 18, 2003

  2. George Preddy

    Steve Young Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote

    > "Nobody, ignores Carver Mead."

    but we're going to try ignoring pseudo science evangelist troll George Preddy,
    right?

    Steve Young, Dec 18, 2003

  3. George Preddy

    gsum Guest

    I take it that this is the Bill Gates of Micro$oft fame,
    producers of Windoze, the worlds most overpriced bug
    ridden software.

    Some endorsement!

    Thanks for providing plenty of laughs over the past
    few months George.

    Graham

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > "The more I learned about human vision, the more it was clear that what
    > these mosaic sensors were doing was introducing artifacts into the image.

    It
    > was one of those things that becomes so massively annoying that after a
    > while you think you ought to go do something about it. It was clear that

    the

    gsum, Dec 18, 2003
  4. "xxxxx xxxxxx" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > -- quote from Dr. Caver Mead, Founder, Foveon Inc.
    >

    > "Nobody, ignores Carver Mead."
    >
    > -- quote from Bill Gates, wishes he was Founder, Foveon Inc.

    Seems like ol' Bill Gates is having some grammar problems these days.
    Either that or he thinks Caver Mead [sic] is "Nobody" and is ignoring him.

    Jeff Zawrotny, Dec 18, 2003
  5. George Preddy

    Mon11 Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message news:<brsa6i$5pt$>...
    > "The more I learned about human vision, the more it was clear that what
    > these mosaic sensors were doing was introducing artifacts into the image. It
    > was one of those things that becomes so massively annoying that after a
    > while you think you ought to go do something about it. It was clear that the
    > way image sensors worked was brain-dead. I talked to a lot of people, and
    > nobody got it. So I finally said: 'That's not a problem. That's an
    > opportunity.'"
    >
    > -- quote from Dr. Caver Mead, Founder, Foveon Inc.
    >

    > "Nobody, ignores Carver Mead."
    >
    > -- quote from Bill Gates, wishes he was Founder, Foveon Inc.

    Nobody ignores Ca"R"ver Mead according to Bill Gates, but as far as
    "Caver Mead,"well...

    Mon11, Dec 18, 2003
  6. George Preddy

    Noel Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:14:38 +0900, "George Preddy"
    <> wrote:

    > "Nobody, ignores Carver Mead."
    >
    >-- quote from Bill Gates, wishes he was Founder, Foveon Inc.

    But Steve, Bill Gates made that operating system you hate so much, the
    one you claim relies on what you rather quaintly term 'spinning
    memory'. Don't you see the irony there?

    Noel, Dec 19, 2003
  7. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <brsa6i$5pt$>,
    "George Preddy" <> wrote:

    >"The more I learned about human vision, the more it was clear that what
    >these mosaic sensors were doing was introducing artifacts into the image. It
    >was one of those things that becomes so massively annoying that after a
    >while you think you ought to go do something about it. It was clear that the
    >way image sensors worked was brain-dead. I talked to a lot of people, and
    >nobody got it. So I finally said: 'That's not a problem. That's an
    >opportunity.'"

    Sounds like he assumed that only horrible CFA demosaicing algorithms
    would be used, like averaging the missing data with simple arithmetic.
    A good algorithm should treat chroma and luminance separately, except
    for getting clues from eachother, and then converting back to RGB for
    editing and display.

    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Dec 19, 2003
  8. <> wrote in message
    > In message <brsa6i$5pt$>,
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"The more I learned about human vision, the more it was clear that what
    > >these mosaic sensors were doing was introducing artifacts into the image.

    It
    > >was one of those things that becomes so massively annoying that after a
    > >while you think you ought to go do something about it. It was clear that

    the
    > >way image sensors worked was brain-dead. I talked to a lot of people, and
    > >nobody got it. So I finally said: 'That's not a problem. That's an
    > >opportunity.'"

    > Sounds like he assumed that only horrible CFA demosaicing algorithms
    > would be used,

    I think that is fair to say. Since the concept of demosaicing is itself
    optically horrible.

    George Preddy, Dec 20, 2003