    OE. It doesn't colour code different levels of indentation and doesn't
    display smileys, replacing them with a red cross. Is there a way round this
    without compromising security.
    SW, Aug 26, 2004

  2. SW

    -Lone_Wolf- Guest

    SW wrote:
    > I've noticed that OE Quotefix doesn't work properly with SP2 unless I
    > turn off the "Block Images and other external content in HTML email"
    > option in OE. It doesn't colour code different levels of indentation
    > and doesn't display smileys, replacing them with a red cross. Is
    > there a way round this without compromising security.

    Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

    It's one or the other as OE Quotefix needs the HTML allowances to accomplish
    the items you listed.
    -Lone_Wolf-, Aug 26, 2004

  3. SW

    SW Guest

    -Lone_Wolf- wrote:
    > SW wrote:
    >> I've noticed that OE Quotefix doesn't work properly with SP2 unless I
    >> turn off the "Block Images and other external content in HTML email"
    >> option in OE. It doesn't colour code different levels of indentation
    >> and doesn't display smileys, replacing them with a red cross. Is
    >> there a way round this without compromising security.

    > Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it too!
    >
    > It's one or the other as OE Quotefix needs the HTML allowances to
    > accomplish the items you listed.

    Thanks. I'll probably end up binning Quotefix.

    What's the point in having cake if you can't eat it :)
    SW, Aug 26, 2004
  4. SW

    DC Guest

    SW wrote:
    > -Lone_Wolf- wrote:
    >> SW wrote:
    >>> I've noticed that OE Quotefix doesn't work properly with SP2 unless I
    >>> turn off the "Block Images and other external content in HTML email"
    >>> option in OE. It doesn't colour code different levels of indentation
    >>> and doesn't display smileys, replacing them with a red cross. Is
    >>> there a way round this without compromising security.

    >> Nope, you can't have your cake and eat it too!

    >> It's one or the other as OE Quotefix needs the HTML allowances to
    >> accomplish the items you listed.

    > Thanks. I'll probably end up binning Quotefix.

    > What's the point in having cake if you can't eat it :)

    Why not bin OE, instead, if you're that concerned about security?

    http://xnews.newsguy.com/

    General Xnews Help:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/manual.html
    http://www.geocities.com/d4vidb
    http://www.seegras.de/xnews

    Xnews and binaries:
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/sizer/
    http://www.mousetrap.net/~mouse/otr/xnewsbin.html
    http://www.help4newbies.fsnet.co.uk/xnews_page_1.htm

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Aug 26, 2004
  5. SW

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, SW mused:

    | Thanks. I'll probably end up binning Quotefix.
    |
    | What's the point in having cake if you can't eat it :)

    The basic function of fixing quotes still works, and if you have a
    software firewall, you can lock down OE from having access to sites off your
    computer ... thus allowing QuoteFix to operate fully.
    mhicaoidh, Aug 26, 2004
  6. SW

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    mhicaoidh wrote:
    || Taking a moment's reflection, SW mused:
    ||| Thanks. I'll probably end up binning Quotefix.
    ||| What's the point in having cake if you can't eat it :)
    || The basic function of fixing quotes still works, and if you have a
    || software firewall, you can lock down OE from having access to sites off
    your
    || computer ... thus allowing QuoteFix to operate fully.

    The author of Quotefix is aware of the problem and is finding a way round it
    as we speak
    --
    _____________________________^^I am not the person I used to be^^
    but now I'm the person I once was!!!