  1. Taher Elgamal: "I think we need to send Web site and software developers to
    cookie design school so that they can design cookies correctly."

    <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-294755.html>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 5, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Party Animal Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Taher Elgamal: "I think we need to send Web site and software developers to
    > cookie design school so that they can design cookies correctly."
    >
    > <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-294755.html>

    Can't they just read the internet ?

    Party Animal, May 5, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    peterwn Guest

    On May 5, 10:37 pm, Party Animal <> wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > > Taher Elgamal: "I think we need to send Web site and software developers to
    > > cookie design school so that they can design cookies correctly."

    > > <http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-294755.html>

    > Can't they just read the internet ?

    They don't

    peterwn, May 6, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Ron McNulty Guest

    >>Taher Elgamal: "I think we need to send Web site and software developers to
    cookie design school so that they can design cookies correctly."

    Interesting comment. Anyone have a link that might enlighten us on how
    to design cookies properly?

    Regards

    Ron

    Ron McNulty, May 6, 2009
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jack Spratt Guest

    "Ron McNulty" <> wrote in message
    >>>Taher Elgamal: "I think we need to send Web site and software developers

    > cookie design school so that they can design cookies correctly."
    >
    > Interesting comment. Anyone have a link that might enlighten us on how
    > to design cookies properly?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron

    I'm more interested in how you could design it incorrectly ("design" is a
    stretch in my opinion)
    Give it an expiry date and it persists, don't give it a date and it resides
    in memory until the browser is closed.

    Populate it with some name/value pairs for retrieval later.

    Jack Spratt, May 6, 2009