Quote of the day

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. David wrote:
    > If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
    > computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles
    > per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.
    > --Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld

    I love this quote, as people think it's just a boring repetition of the "run
    100000 miles on a millilitre of petrol" quote, right up until the end.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Nicholas Sherlock

    Lost Guest

    > get a million miles per gallon,

    they haven't seen the electricity drain of an Intel Pentium 4 have they ;-)

    David, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Nicholas Sherlock

    asdf Guest

    they probibly have, but have u seen the electricity drain on a room full of
    valves!!!

    "Lost" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > get a million miles per gallon,

    > they haven't seen the electricity drain of an Intel Pentium 4 have they

    ;-)

    asdf, Nov 23, 2003