    How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
    Many thanks.....

    , Jul 25, 2007

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:56:52 GMT, wrote:

    >How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
    >Many thanks.....

    Decoding? Downloading from where? Or what do you mean by 'decoding'?

    Evan Platt, Jul 25, 2007

  3. why? Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:56:52 GMT, boo.matthews@ wrote:

    >How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?

    What do you mean?

    Filename/extension?

    Decoding? If you can see it has quotation marks in it, then it's
    decoded, you are vieweing it somehow.

    You haven't posted an example ot the file data.

    If it's "data","data" then any spreadsheet text to cols / load csv file.

    Depends what you want to do with it.

    You didn't say a lot.

    Me, I use Perl a lot to play with data files.

    >Many thanks.....

    <snip 2nd copy of email, maybe OP likes the spam>

    Me

    why?, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?

    OK, I get it.

    We are supposed to figger out what you really mean, rewrite the
    question, and then answer the right question. That seems like a
    perfectly reasonable request.

    NOT.

    Suppose the question were actually, "How can you reformat the text from
    a newsgroup message which contains both EOL returns and quote/citation
    marks?"

    My answer would be, I use the now shareware app TextCleanup.

    There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
    once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so I
    can't paste in a GG link.

    The topic thread is:

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
    Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700

    It's too bad that GG search has become a low priority to Google the
    corporate cash hog.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 25, 2007
  5. Daave Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?

    > OK, I get it.
    >
    > We are supposed to figger out what you really mean, rewrite the
    > question, and then answer the right question. That seems like a
    > perfectly reasonable request.
    >
    > NOT.
    >
    > Suppose the question were actually, "How can you reformat the text
    > from a newsgroup message which contains both EOL returns and
    > quote/citation marks?"
    >
    > My answer would be, I use the now shareware app TextCleanup.
    >
    > There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
    > once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so I
    > can't paste in a GG link.
    >
    > The topic thread is:
    >
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
    > Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700

    "En français"!

    http://groups.google.fr/group/24hou...ad/a2c3c6fc6654543b/412f965f99c3b8ae?lnk=raot

    Daave, Jul 26, 2007
  6. Mike Easter Guest

    Daave wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> There was recently a thread here on that topic, but unfortunately the
    >> once great googlegroups search engine has fallen onto hard times, so
    >> I can't paste in a GG link.
    >>
    >> The topic thread is:

    >> Subject: Utility To Remoe ">" In Messages
    >> Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 07:23:40 -0700
    >
    > "En français"!

    http://groups.google.fr/group/24hou...ad/a2c3c6fc6654543b/412f965f99c3b8ae?lnk=raot

    All right then! There's the answer; and it's not even in .fr.

    In another group we are commisserating about the fact that many agree
    that GG search isn't worth a sh*t anymore.

    Or, put that in some other nicer language if you wish. French would be
    OK.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2007
  7. Daave Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > In another group we are commisserating about the fact that many agree
    > that GG search isn't worth a sh*t anymore.

    Yes, it just gets worse and worse. I guess they're too busy not doing
    evil.

    Daave, Jul 26, 2007
  8. Guest

    , Jul 26, 2007
  9. Art Guest

    wrote:
    > How does one go about decoding a file that includes quotation marks?
    > Many thanks.....

    The same way as one without quotation marks.

    --
    Art

    Art, Aug 3, 2007