...quite finished...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TT, Aug 2, 2010.

  1. TT

    TT Guest

    TT, Aug 2, 2010

  2. TT

    ray Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:48:04 +0000, TT wrote:

    > my new google site for my photos
    >
    > please take a look and I will be happy to receive any comment on both
    > photos and site organization.
    >
    > http://sites.google.com/site/phototrincone/

    Following standards is really nice. validator.w3.org shows 80 errors and
    24 warnings for your home page.

    ray, Aug 2, 2010

  3. TT

    Shiva Das Guest

    In article <i370ck$dni$>, TT <> wrote:

    > my new google site for my photos
    >
    > please take a look and I will be happy to receive any comment on both
    > photos and site organization.
    >
    > http://sites.google.com/site/phototrincone/

    Your site seems to consist mainly of massive copyright violations. Do
    you have permission from any of the artists/estates and book publishers
    you have essentially xeroxed and put up on your site?

    I believe Italy is signatory to the international copyright conventions.
    If not, never mind.

    Shiva Das, Aug 2, 2010
  4. TT

    TT Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:08:51 -0400, Shiva Das wrote:

    > In article <i370ck$dni$>, TT <> wrote:
    >
    >> my new google site for my photos
    >>
    >> please take a look and I will be happy to receive any comment on both
    >> photos and site organization.
    >>
    >> http://sites.google.com/site/phototrincone/

    > Your site seems to consist mainly of massive copyright violations. Do
    > you have permission from any of the artists/estates and book publishers
    > you have essentially xeroxed and put up on your site?
    >
    > I believe Italy is signatory to the international copyright conventions.
    > If not, never mind.

    thank you very much for your comment. I am interested in the topic but I
    suppose "essentially xeroxed" is not the right way to see my material.
    See, I am not talking about any artistic value of the work I did, but
    actually there are choices, modifications and "point of view" of other
    artistic material and not copies at all. I would be interested to hear
    your reasons about copyright violations in my cases. If you take a photo
    of your wife/husband close to a statue in a busy touristic city, is that
    a copyright violation of the sculpture? Tons of these images could be seen
    in the web nowaday, isnt'it?
    Obviously I could be wrong and if any person will claim some violation to
    my address mail, I can eliminate that photos from the published
    collections.
    thank you very much

    TT, Aug 3, 2010
  5. TT

    TT Guest

    On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:30:05 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

    > On 2010-08-02 10:48:04 -0700, TT <> said:
    >
    >> my new google site for my photos
    >>
    >> please take a look and I will be happy to receive any comment on both
    >> photos and site organization.
    >>
    >> http://sites.com/site/phototrincone/

    > I was interested to see that one of your featured artists was
    > Hundertwasser, as I have my own numbered print, bought in 1982. <
    > http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3631w.jpg >
    >
    > He has always appealed to me, and seems to have been missed by the
    > modern art circles in the US.

    thank you very much for the appreciation of the gallery about
    Hundertwasser, it was derived from a Taschen book dedicated to this
    artist. I like his painting very much and in special way visions he had
    about architecture.

    TT, Aug 3, 2010
  6. TT

    Shiva Das Guest

    In article <i38bh5$7c2$>, TT <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 15:08:51 -0400, Shiva Das wrote:
    >
    > > In article <i370ck$dni$>, TT <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> my new google site for my photos
    > >>
    > >> please take a look and I will be happy to receive any comment on both
    > >> photos and site organization.
    > >>
    > >> http://sites.google.com/site/phototrincone/

    > > Your site seems to consist mainly of massive copyright violations. Do
    > > you have permission from any of the artists/estates and book publishers
    > > you have essentially xeroxed and put up on your site?
    > >
    > > I believe Italy is signatory to the international copyright conventions.
    > > If not, never mind.

    > thank you very much for your comment. I am interested in the topic but I
    > suppose "essentially xeroxed" is not the right way to see my material.
    > See, I am not talking about any artistic value of the work I did, but
    > actually there are choices, modifications and "point of view" of other
    > artistic material and not copies at all. I would be interested to hear
    > your reasons about copyright violations in my cases. If you take a photo
    > of your wife/husband close to a statue in a busy touristic city, is that
    > a copyright violation of the sculpture? Tons of these images could be seen
    > in the web nowaday, isnt'it?
    > Obviously I could be wrong and if any person will claim some violation to
    > my address mail, I can eliminate that photos from the published
    > collections.
    > thank you very much

    Your words:

    "This gallery is composed by shots taken from a book entitled Design, by
    Taschen editor. All these images are obtained not by simple reproduction
    but macrophotographing the book images in particular sections of the
    pieces and by post-processing the photo taken by software."

    Does the book "Design" have a copyright notice, usually on one of the
    first pages?

    Do you have permission from Taschen to reproduce and publish freely on
    the web material they own the copyright for?

    Do you understand the concept of "Derivative Work"?

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement>

    "Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized or
    prohibited use of works covered by copyright law, in a way that violates
    one of the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to
    reproduce or perform the copyrighted work, or to make derivative works."

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative_work>

    "A derivative work pertaining to copyright law, is an expressive
    creation that includes major, copyright-protected elements of an
    original, previously created first work."

    Again, if none of this applies in Italy, never mind.

    Shiva Das, Aug 3, 2010

    Ryan McGinnis, Aug 3, 2010
  8. TT

    TT Guest

    On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:42:41 -0500, Ryan McGinnis wrote:

    > On 8/3/2010 1:04 AM, TT wrote:
    >
    >> thank you very much for your comment. I am interested in the topic but
    >> I suppose "essentially xeroxed" is not the right way to see my
    >> material. See, I am not talking about any artistic value of the work I
    >> did, but actually there are choices, modifications and "point of view"
    >> of other artistic material and not copies at all. I would be interested
    >> to hear your reasons about copyright violations in my cases.

    > I really doubt your use is the "safe" kind, but then I am not a
    > lawyer. Probably the best thing you can do is consult a lawyer.

    thank you for entering the discussion Ryan. I am not a lawyer and
    probably it would be better to cancel all artistic galleries from my site
    before entering any law-case concerning myself.
    Did you and Shiva suggest me that?

    TT, Aug 3, 2010
  9. TT

    TT Guest

    On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:20:58 -0400, Shiva Das wrote:

    > Again, if none of this applies in Italy, never mind.

    being not a lawyer and being almost sure similar concepts about copyright
    apply in Italy, I eliminated all that artistic-based material.

    TT, Aug 3, 2010
  10. TT

    John Turco Guest

    TT wrote:

    > On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:20:58 -0400, Shiva Das wrote:
    >
    > > Again, if none of this applies in Italy, never mind.

    > being not a lawyer and being almost sure similar concepts about copyright
    > apply in Italy, I eliminated all that artistic-based material.

    A very wise move, on your part!

    Now, if only that naughty Netherlander ("sobriquet") would follow your
    example...

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>