    than one.

    Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
    the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?
    Sean, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Sean

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    news:e90hso$dof$2surf.net...
    > Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
    > with what i seen, so signed up.
    >
    > Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the second
    > one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.
    >
    > During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
    > an hour.
    >
    > I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
    > told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
    > website.
    >
    > I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more than
    > one.
    >
    > Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
    > the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

    Hi Sean,

    I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
    account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

    I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
    people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
    pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)

    Jono.
    Jono, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > Hi Sean,
    >
    > I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
    > account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.
    >
    > I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or two
    > people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you should
    > pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)
    >
    > Jono.

    Well, thats what they are saying yes.

    But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
    pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have
    been included no matter if more than one call is going through at the
    same time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and
    i think still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one
    call, they don't charge you extra.
    Sean, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Sean

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Sean,
    >>
    >> I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited
    >> my account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.
    >>
    >> I suppose that if you're using free calls from more than one phone, (or
    >> two people are using it at once).........wouldn't it be safe to say you
    >> should pay the package fee twice? (Devil's advocate!)
    >>
    >> Jono.
    >>

    > Well, thats what they are saying yes.
    >
    > But it does not say this on the site! And i dont think i 'should have to
    > pay the package fee twice' With other providers i have used they have been
    > included no matter if more than one call is going through at the same
    > time. And when i signed up, it did not state this on the site, and i think
    > still does not. Even with BTBBT, you can make more than one call, they
    > don't charge you extra.

    I kinow exactly what you mean.

    ..........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.
    Jono, Jul 11, 2006
  5. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > I kinow exactly what you mean.
    >
    > .........they're employing fixed telco principles, methinks.

    Well, even two calls on BT.. With three way calling.. costs just 30p
    connection charge i think.. but calls are still at standard rate.
    Sean, Jul 11, 2006
  6. Sean

    Brian A Guest

    O,n Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:59:17 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
    >with what i seen, so signed up.
    >
    >Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
    >second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.
    >
    >During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
    >an hour.
    >
    >I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
    >told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
    >website.
    >
    >I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
    >than one.
    >
    >Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
    >the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

    I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
    They charge £2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
    priviledge of 2p/call at peak times. If you were on a BT landline you
    would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.
    If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
    two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
    calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
    simultaneous calls all for £2/month.
    Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
    call charges are concerned.
    Doubtless that is why you chose them.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jul 11, 2006
  7. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Brian A wrote:

    >> Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
    >> the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

    > I am sorry to say this but I think that is quite reasonable.
    > They charge £2/month for 'free' evening/weekend calls and for the
    > priviledge of 2p/call at peak times.

    Fair enough

    If you were on a BT landline you
    > would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

    You can :)

    > If you want two lots of free off-peak calls then you need to pay for
    > two accounts. They could just say that you can't do two simultaneous
    > calls. You could be running a business and expecting lots of 'free'
    > simultaneous calls all for £2/month.
    > Voip.co.uk, in my view, are the best value VSP in the UK as far as
    > call charges are concerned.
    > Doubtless that is why you chose them.

    Well,i choose them because they looked very good value.

    It says on tariff page

    Multiple VoIP Logins

    And call prices, does not say second call will cost. If it did, fair
    enough, but it does not.

    If two people in the house both make a 60 min call, and they don't
    cross, I've still used 120 mins on there system, i don't see why if they
    happen to cross over and be at same time, it should cost 60p.
    Sean, Jul 11, 2006
  8. Sean wrote:
    > Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
    > with what i seen, so signed up.
    >
    > Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
    > second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per
    > hour.
    >
    > During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
    > an hour.
    >
    > I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
    > told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
    > website.

    I informed them that this wasn't mentioned in their Ts and Cs months
    ago, and they said they'd ammend them straight away.

    I personally think it is reasonable to charge for the second call, but
    should be referenced somewhere.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 11, 2006
  9. Jono wrote:

    > Hi Sean,
    >
    > I have, on the contrary, been pleased with the way they speedily credited my
    > account when I've brought two billing errors to their attention.

    I've had to report several cases of overbilling to them on my accounts,
    and the most recent one took months to be refunded.
    Thomas Kenyon, Jul 11, 2006
  10. Sean

    Jono Guest

    on 11/07/2006, Sean supposed :

    > If you were on a BT landline you
    >> would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

    > You can :)

    Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
    destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......
    Jono, Jul 11, 2006
  11. Sean

    Sean Guest

    Yeh, true Jono wrote:

    > Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
    > destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......

    Yeah, true :)
    Sean, Jul 11, 2006
  12. Thus spaketh Jono:
    > on 11/07/2006, Sean supposed :
    >

    >> If you were on a BT landline you
    >>> would not be able to make 2 calls, simultaneously, on one number.

    >> You can :)

    > Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
    > destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......

    Yes you can, but you need two phone lines, we used to have a couple of
    lines with the same number.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jul 11, 2006
  13. Sean

    Jono Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} has brought this to us :
    > Thus spaketh Jono:
    >> on 11/07/2006, Sean supposed :
    >>

    >>> If you were on a BT landline you
    >>>
    >>> You can :)

    >> Not two distinctly different calls (two callers at your end & two
    >> destinations) with two completely independent conversations.......

    > Yes you can, but you need two phone lines, we used to have a couple of lines
    > with the same number.

    I think you may have missed some of the thread........

    The point was that you can't do it with BT without paying for two
    [lines]
    Jono, Jul 11, 2006
  14. Sean

    Guest

    On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:32:38 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >If two people in the house both make a 60 min call, and they don't
    >cross, I've still used 120 mins on there system, i don't see why if they
    >happen to cross over and be at same time, it should cost 60p.

    It's for the same reason as other call tariffs: it's a marketing
    decision.

    If you sign up for two lots of the UK calls package (another £20 per
    year) you can make two calls at a time for free.
    , Jul 13, 2006
  15. Sean

    andy Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > Ok, before signing up i looked through tariffs and T&C's and was happy
    > with what i seen, so signed up.
    >
    > Now i have noticed, at off peak times when two calls over lap, the
    > second one is charged for at 1p per minute. And the first is at 0p per hour.
    >
    > During peak times, the two over lapping calls are both just 2p for up to
    > an hour.
    >
    > I have mentioned to support I've been charged for second call, and been
    > told this is correct, but they admit it does not say it anywhere on the
    > website.
    >
    > I've only now noticed peak calls are at same rate when there is more
    > than one.
    >
    > Can the legally charge for calls when there is more than one at once in
    > the evening & W/E , when it does not say so on their website?

    Sorry to join in late - I've been away a couple of days.

    I'm assuming you were attracted to this to use with your callback
    system, and these could be the simultaneous calls.

    It seems that several VoIP providers do not allow concurrent calls
    separately initiated like this. The Finarea companies have their own
    callback, but only from webform trigger at the moment. As discussed on
    Voxalot forums, it doesn't seem to work otherwise - the connection
    seems to happen, but no audio ...

    There seem to be other VoIP providers with per connection fees, rather
    than per minute - see Voxalot forums as well. I'm wondering about
    Astratel, with 19c (8p) connection fee for an hour, and on a prepaid
    credit arrangement, but this too seems to only carry one leg of the
    call when used with Voxalot, but you might try it with your system ...
    andy, Jul 16, 2006
  16. Sean

    Sean Guest

    andy wrote:
    > Sorry to join in late - I've been away a couple of days.
    >
    > I'm assuming you were attracted to this to use with your callback
    > system, and these could be the simultaneous calls.
    >
    > It seems that several VoIP providers do not allow concurrent calls
    > separately initiated like this. The Finarea companies have their own
    > callback, but only from webform trigger at the moment. As discussed on
    > Voxalot forums, it doesn't seem to work otherwise - the connection
    > seems to happen, but no audio ...
    >
    > There seem to be other VoIP providers with per connection fees, rather
    > than per minute - see Voxalot forums as well. I'm wondering about
    > Astratel, with 19c (8p) connection fee for an hour, and on a prepaid
    > credit arrangement, but this too seems to only carry one leg of the
    > call when used with Voxalot, but you might try it with your system ...

    Not really used it for callback.

    It's just when a couple of people want a natter in the evening in the
    house... 2 Calls and i get ripped off.

    I was with blue face, which cost lots, but was very good with its
    unlimitedness. That was £11 a month at the time, and i used callback
    more. But don't use call back and dont make as many calls now. But blue
    face are now doing unlimited for 12 months for under £6 a month when
    bought with their summer deal. I just wish number portability was possible.
    Sean, Jul 17, 2006