    This is just a 128Mbyte DSE mp3 player, similar to XH8061

    I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
    there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 29/03/2005 12:19 p.m.:
    > discovered today that my mp3 player doesnt play files that start with a "("
    >
    > This is just a 128Mbyte DSE mp3 player, similar to XH8061
    >
    > I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
    > there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

    I have about twenty of my fav tunes that wont play on mine, but i can
    find no reason like tag or filename problems. Havnt had a chance to
    experiment yet and find out why just assumed it is some encoding problem.

    Collector»NZ, Mar 29, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
    >> there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

    > I have about twenty of my fav tunes that wont play on mine, but i can
    > find no reason like tag or filename problems. Havnt had a chance to
    > experiment yet and find out why just assumed it is some encoding problem.

    mine seems to jump on high quality VBR encodes(260-320).
    also high quality ABR too(not sure on the setting sorry).

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 29, 2005