Quirks or Settings?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by SG, Dec 4, 2006.

  1. SG

    SG Guest

    Hi, long time listener, first time caller

    FF build 1.5.0.8

    Occasionally, FF already running but minimized, when clicking links from
    other progs, OE, Agent, etc....FF restores but not at full screen, it
    sometimes restores half screen, other times it's normal full screen,
    maybe once out of ten or twenty times and it doesn't seem to
    discriminate,not a big deal but a little irritating.

    When FF is first launched, after a reboot or fresh start etc., I have
    Google as one of the home pages, typing in a search word or phrase
    brings up the drop down of the list of recently searched terms, but only
    for the first initial search, once I browse around other pages and go
    back to Google the drop down does not reappear and won't until a fresh
    start of FF.

    Why doesn't AutoFill for forms or login/pw entries work with all sites,
    Yahoo login for example? Some way the pages are coded I suppose.

    I listen to streaming audio in the morning
    http://www.q95.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes
    It is coded to pop up in a window if you were to go through the proper
    links but I just copied the link and force it to a tab. If I
    accidentally close the tab FF must be totally restarted to get the
    stream back, but if I leave the tab active and use play and stop on the
    player the connection remains. Why doesn't just launching again in a new
    tab establish connection without rebooting FF?

    Thanks for taking my questions, I'll hang up and listen to your answers.
    SG, Dec 4, 2006

  2. SG

    Guest

    SG wrote:
    > Hi, long time listener, first time caller
    >

    > FF build 1.5.0.8
    >

    > Occasionally, FF already running but minimized, when clicking links from
    > other progs, OE, Agent, etc....FF restores but not at full screen, it
    > sometimes restores half screen, other times it's normal full screen,
    > maybe once out of ten or twenty times and it doesn't seem to
    > discriminate,not a big deal but a little irritating.

    don't minimize. Its a known problem. Just keep FF running behind the
    other programs, but don't minimize it.

    > Why doesn't AutoFill for forms or login/pw entries work with all sites,
    > Yahoo login for example? Some way the pages are coded I suppose.

    some sites, such as Yahoo, have turned off the automatic saving of
    passwords. You might get away with using the remember password
    bookmarklet:
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

    > Thanks for taking my questions, I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

    it would have been better to ask one question per posting instead of 4.
    , Dec 4, 2006