    see a Quincy DVD set... Anyone else pick this up? It's like a mid-70s
    time capsule.

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Jun 9, 2005

  2. What next, Carter Country?

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Jordan

    Nonymous Guest

    Barnaby Jones.

    Nonymous, Jun 9, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Jordan <> wrote:
    >Man, of all the shows I watched when I was a kid I never expected to
    >see a Quincy DVD set... Anyone else pick this up? It's like a mid-70s
    >time capsule.

    It fits in well with all the CSI and Law & Order type shows that
    are so popular that often depend upon the ME to help solve them.

    The procedures may have changed, but the basic body remains the
    same.

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Jun 10, 2005
  5. Jordan

    Joe McC Guest

    "Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    > "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jordan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Man, of all the shows I watched when I was a kid I never expected to
    >>> see a Quincy DVD set... Anyone else pick this up? It's like a mid-70s
    >>> time capsule.

    >>What next, Carter Country?

    > Barnaby Jones.

    Heh heh, you got me pondering & I easily came up a potentially terrifying
    selection of series from the 60s and 70s begging for boxsets. Check 'em out
    on IMDb.......

    Mannix
    Boney
    The Snoop Sisters
    Journey To The Unknown
    Blue Light
    Griff
    Man From Uncle
    Girl From Uncle
    Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)
    Batman
    Mission Impossible
    Run For Your Life
    The Feather & Father Gang
    Mrs Columbo
    Matlock
    Garrison's Gorillas
    The Gemini Man
    The Zoo Gang
    The Protectors
    Phoenix Five
    Harry O
    The Name of the Game
    Burke's Law
    Probe
    Switch
    It Takes A Thief
    The Baron
    Man in a Suitcase
    Danger Man (aka Secret Agent)

    And I bet all dads over the age of 45 would buy them.....

    Joe

    Joe McC, Jun 10, 2005
  6. Jordan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Joe McC () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > Heh heh, you got me pondering & I easily came up a potentially terrifying
    > selection of series from the 60s and 70s begging for boxsets.

    Begging for boxsets? Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ and see that
    some on your list have already had them released:

    Danger Man (aka Secret Agent)
    The Protectors

    Never underestimate what TV show might end up on DVD.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Jun 10, 2005
  7. Jeff Rife wrote:

    > Never underestimate what TV show might end up on DVD.

    And remember (oh, how we forget)--
    It's not about what the studios Want to Release...It's about what the
    studios CAN Release:

    They didn't poll people off the streets and say, "Hey, remember Jack
    Klugman acting bossy?"--It just happened to lying in the Universal
    vaults next to the other licensed Glen Larson series.
    If you want "Battlestar Galactica", "Buck Rogers" and "Knight Rider",
    you get "Quincy"...Enjoy.
    (Licenses are expensive, you know; avoid other people's whenever possible.)

    Derek Janssen (no, really--WHY do we keep thinking that it's all studios
    *deciding* these things day to day?...That's just starting to get annoying)

    Derek Janssen, Jun 10, 2005
  8. Jordan

    Joe McC Guest

    "Jeff Rife" <> wrote in message
    > Joe McC () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >> Heh heh, you got me pondering & I easily came up a potentially terrifying
    >> selection of series from the 60s and 70s begging for boxsets.

    > Begging for boxsets? Check out http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ and see that
    > some on your list have already had them released:

    Lol. Not everyone lives in the USA Jeff, so I stand by my original
    statement.
    (And I was being a wee bit ironic in suggesting those series were "begging
    for boxsets" ).

    :p

    Joe

    Joe McC, Jun 11, 2005
  9. Jordan

    Mark W Guest

    Petrocelli?

    Mark W, Jun 12, 2005
  10. Jordan

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:23:36 +0100, "Mark W" <s@o> wrote:

    >Petrocelli?
    >

    >"Nonymous" <> wrote in message
    >> Barnaby Jones.
    >>
    >> "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote in message
    >>> What next, Carter Country?

    Yeah! I liked Petrocelli.

    Mr. Moe, Jun 12, 2005