    300W, any bad experiences with this brand...? it will have to fit in an
    InWin H500 desktop case.

    cheers

    Paul Gunson, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Paul Gunson

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:51:40 +1300, Paul Gunson
    <> wrote:

    >i'm re-casing a desktop PC in a new box and need a psu with *quiet*
    >fans. the cpu is a 1.3GHz Duron... also i might look into getting a
    >quieter fan than the factory-default that came with the Duron... any
    >recommendations welcome.
    >
    >the PSU i'm considering is the Thermaltake W0002RAC, Silent PurePower
    >300W, any bad experiences with this brand...? it will have to fit in an
    >InWin H500 desktop case.
    >
    >cheers

    I just recently replaced my Icute 320W with a Thermaltake 420W and its
    great..

    NOTE: These are not made by Thermaltake, but are sold under 3 brand names that
    I have found so far..

    They also did good in reviews on Toms..

    Nick Smith, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Paul Gunson

    Brett Mason Guest

    Paul Gunson wrote:

    > i'm re-casing a desktop PC in a new box and need a psu with *quiet*
    > fans. the cpu is a 1.3GHz Duron... also i might look into getting a
    > quieter fan than the factory-default that came with the Duron... any
    > recommendations welcome.
    >
    > the PSU i'm considering is the Thermaltake W0002RAC, Silent PurePower
    > 300W, any bad experiences with this brand...? it will have to fit in an
    > InWin H500 desktop case.
    >
    > cheers

    I'm running an enermax 350W and its great. Both fans are temperature
    controlled, and virtually silent even when its running hot.

    For a desktop case the amount of cable included may be a problem because the
    included wires are long and there is a lot of them. I wound up with a rats
    nest in the bottom of my icute tower.

    The 350W was ~$130, you could save a bit getting a 300W.

    Brett.

    Brett Mason, Oct 30, 2003
  4. Paul Gunson

    T.N.O. Guest

    Brett Mason wrote:
    > For a desktop case the amount of cable included may be a problem because the
    > included wires are long and there is a lot of them. I wound up with a rats
    > nest in the bottom of my icute tower.

    I tucked the wires above the top CDrom drive... it seems to have plenty
    of room up there.

    T.N.O., Oct 30, 2003