    for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    won't be used for games or even videos.

    akiwi
    akiwi, May 27, 2005

  2. akiwi wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    > for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    > won't be used for games or even videos.

    Matrox Millenium of any sort.
    Matrox Pahelia of any sort.

    For cheaper less quality but still fine for most if not all things, ATI
    Radeon 9550, it's fanless.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 27, 2005

  3. akiwi

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > akiwi wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    >> for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    >> won't be used for games or even videos.

    > Matrox Millenium of any sort.
    > Matrox Pahelia of any sort.
    >
    > For cheaper less quality but still fine for most if not all things, ATI
    > Radeon 9550, it's fanless.

    I've got an ATI Radeon7500LE PCI works fine with dual displays. It isn't
    reasonably quiet - it is silent (fanless)

    A Radeon7000 (64MB) PCI sold for $55 last week on trademe, this also had
    dual outputs. If the seller hadn't misreported the TV out I'd have
    grabbed it at that price.

    There is currently (I think, still) an ATI 9250 PCI fanless card for
    sale; it may have gone now.
    -=rjh=-, May 27, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    says...

    > Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    > for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    > won't be used for games or even videos.
    >
    > akiwi

    You could buy a Zalman ZM80D-HP heatsink. I just put one on my Radeon
    9600 XT card and it works beautifully. No noise whatsoever. (for hotter
    cards you may have to use a fan with it) Even when watching DVDs this
    heatsink barely gets warm. Cost is about 60 bucks inc.

    -Peter
    Peter Huebner, May 27, 2005
  5. akiwi

    Daniel Guest

    akiwi wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    > for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    > won't be used for games or even videos.
    >
    > akiwi

    Perhaps a Radeon 9250 with heatsink - no fan (to be honest, all the
    9250's I've seen use fanless heatsinks, but, you never know).

    The 9250's are the cheap (entry-level) Radeon graphics cards, however,
    most (all?) have 400MHz RAMDACs, so signal quality is good.
    Daniel, May 27, 2005
  6. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:42:46 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >akiwi wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    >> for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    >> won't be used for games or even videos.

    >Matrox Millenium of any sort.
    >Matrox Pahelia of any sort.
    >
    >For cheaper less quality but still fine for most if not all things, ATI
    >Radeon 9550, it's fanless.

    Which particular card? There seem to be several Radeon 9550 cards and
    most look like they have a fan. Of the Radeon 9550 here, which is
    fanless

    http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-template.asp?cname=Video cards

    akiwi
    akiwi, May 27, 2005
  7. Suddenly, akiwi sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Which particular card? There seem to be several Radeon 9550 cards and
    > most look like they have a fan. Of the Radeon 9550 here, which is
    > fanless
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-template.asp?cname=Video cards

    Look for the cheap cards around $100 or so. Such as
    or
    or
    or

    you can see from the pics that they dont have a fan.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, May 27, 2005
  8. akiwi

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, May 27, 2005
  9. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 17:22:00 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:

    >Which particular card? There seem to be several Radeon 9550 cards and
    >most look like they have a fan. Of the Radeon 9550 here, which is
    >fanless

    Thanks guys.
    akiwi, May 27, 2005
  10. akiwi wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 May 2005 13:42:46 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>akiwi wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone recommend a graphics card that is reasonably quiet and good
    >>>for colour and text quality with (possibly dual) LCD monitor. It
    >>>won't be used for games or even videos.

    >>Matrox Millenium of any sort.
    >>Matrox Pahelia of any sort.
    >>
    >>For cheaper less quality but still fine for most if not all things, ATI
    >>Radeon 9550, it's fanless.

    > Which particular card? There seem to be several Radeon 9550 cards and
    > most look like they have a fan. Of the Radeon 9550 here, which is
    > fanless
    >
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-template.asp?cname=Video cards

    no idea sorry, I've only ever seen one, and it was fanless.

    actually, this is the one.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 29, 2005