    I am looking for a desktop computer which is
    about as quiet as a notebook computer.

    How can I find out what is available?
    Al, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Al

    JANA Guest

    The computer has to be cooled somehow. Visit the links below for some
    examples of fanless computers. There has to be some compromise to get rid of
    the heat.

    http://www.xoxide.com/reserator.html

    http://www.stealthcomputer.com/littlepc_fanless.htm

    http://www.tme-inc.com/

    My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room. You can use a system
    extender to extend the keyboard, monitor, and mouse. You can also have
    facilities to extend the USB ports, and have a remote extended CD writer.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Al

    JANATARD Guest

    JANA <> wrote:

    > The computer has to be cooled somehow.

    *blink*

    bw... bw... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No fucking shit, Shylock?

    You're fucking mental. You have to be. There is no other explanation for
    your fucking idiocy. The poster asked about quiet desktop units, you useless
    fucking shitstain. **** me dead.

    > "Al" <> wrote in message
    >> I am looking for a desktop computer which is
    >> about as quiet as a notebook computer.
    >>
    >> How can I find out what is available?

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."
    JANATARD, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Al

    Al Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > The computer has to be cooled somehow. Visit the links below for some
    > examples of fanless computers. There has to be some compromise to get rid of
    > the heat.
    >
    > http://www.xoxide.com/reserator.html
    >
    > http://www.stealthcomputer.com/littlepc_fanless.htm
    >
    > http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112608,00.asp
    >
    > http://www.tme-inc.com/
    >
    > My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room. You can use a system
    > extender to extend the keyboard, monitor, and mouse. You can also have
    > facilities to extend the USB ports, and have a remote extended CD writer.

    Geez, but what about the scanner, and the printer.
    And what about the camera.

    Thanks for the links. I'll check those out. I'm
    willing to sacrifice a fair amount of performance
    for some peace and quiet.
    Al, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Al

    Plato Guest

    Al wrote:

    > I am looking for a desktop computer which is
    > about as quiet as a notebook computer.

    There are hardware sites that specialize in quite case and cpu fans.
    I've seen them a few times. More expensive, but whatever. Use google.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Al

    Chief OHara Guest

    "JANATARD" <> wrote:
    > > I am looking for a desktop computer which is
    > > about as quiet as a notebook computer.

    > My favorite solution is have the CPU in another room.

    And the Power Supply Unit? In the Basement maybe? All you need is a good
    Wiring!!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Chief OHara, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Al

    Wozza Guest

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:49:53 +0000, JANATARD wrote:

    > JANA <> wrote:
    >

    > bw... bw... BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No fucking shit, Shylock?

    Shylock? Did he move to Baker Street?
    Wozza, Apr 25, 2005
  8. Al

    donald Guest

    I went to newegg and purchased one of these antec cases. It is the quietest
    machine I have ever heard. I installed an AMD 64 3400 retail with the CPU
    cand included.

    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129122

    donald, Apr 25, 2005
  9. Al

    Al Guest

    donald wrote:
    > I went to newegg and purchased one of these antec cases. It is the quietest
    > machine I have ever heard. I installed an AMD 64 3400 retail with the CPU
    > cand included.
    >

    > http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129122
    >
    > "Al" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am looking for a desktop computer which is
    >>about as quiet as a notebook computer.
    >>
    >>How can I find out what is available?

    So, how does it compare to a notebook, for example?
    Al, Apr 25, 2005