    So..
    Is there a version of QuickTime that does *NOT* have iTunes, is
    fairly recent, runs on the Windows 2000 platform, and easily obtainable?

    Robert Baer, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Robert Baer

    bambam Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in news:C6J4e.1285$lP1.722
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > I would like to get QuickTime for Win2000, BUT:
    > 1) the latest version, at least on the Apple site, includes iTunes which
    > i *DO NOT* want, *period*.
    > 2) that same file is umpteen megabytes and would take a number of !days!
    > to download via POTS - not exactly conducive to reliablity of results,
    > not to speak of the non-useability of the computer during that time.
    >
    > So..
    > Is there a version of QuickTime that does *NOT* have iTunes, is
    > fairly recent, runs on the Windows 2000 platform, and easily obtainable?

    How about this instead-

    QuickTime Alternative (Freeware)
    Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    Languages: English
    (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install QuickTime Player
    from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in
    webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which
    means that you can install only those components that you want. It is
    highly recommended to uninstall all existing QuickTime related software,
    like QuickTime Player, before installing. This way your system stays clean
    and potential problems will be avoided.

    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005MULTIMEDIA.php#2378-PW

    bambam, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    bambam wrote:

    > Robert Baer <> wrote in news:C6J4e.1285$lP1.722
    > @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    >

    >> I would like to get QuickTime for Win2000, BUT:
    >>1) the latest version, at least on the Apple site, includes iTunes which
    >>i *DO NOT* want, *period*.
    >>2) that same file is umpteen megabytes and would take a number of !days!
    >>to download via POTS - not exactly conducive to reliablity of results,
    >>not to speak of the non-useability of the computer during that time.
    >>
    >> So..
    >> Is there a version of QuickTime that does *NOT* have iTunes, is
    >>fairly recent, runs on the Windows 2000 platform, and easily obtainable?

    > How about this instead-
    >
    > QuickTime Alternative (Freeware)
    > Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    > Languages: English
    > (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install QuickTime Player
    > from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in
    > webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully customizable, which
    > means that you can install only those components that you want. It is
    > highly recommended to uninstall all existing QuickTime related software,
    > like QuickTime Player, before installing. This way your system stays clean
    > and potential problems will be avoided.
    >
    > http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005MULTIMEDIA.php#2378-PW

    WOW!
    Thanks!!

    Robert Baer, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Robert Baer

    bambam Guest

    Robert Baer <> wrote in

    >> How about this instead-
    >>
    >> QuickTime Alternative (Freeware)
    >> Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    >> Languages: English
    >> files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install
    >> QuickTime Player from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that
    >> is embedded in webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully
    >> customizable, which means that you can install only those components
    >> that you want. It is highly recommended to uninstall all existing
    >> QuickTime related software, like QuickTime Player, before installing.
    >> This way your system stays clean and potential problems will be
    >> avoided.
    >>
    >> http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005MULTIMEDIA.php#2378-PW

    > OOPS!
    > Codecguide.com is either offline or does not exist and *none* of
    > the
    > edskes mirrors answer.
    > DOA.

    Google: QuickTime Alternative+download

    Majorgeeks And Softpedia are good download sites.

    bambam, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > Robert Baer <> wrote in
    >

    >>>How about this instead-
    >>>
    >>>QuickTime Alternative (Freeware)
    >>>Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    >>>Languages: English
    >>>files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install
    >>>QuickTime Player from Apple. It also supports QuickTime content that
    >>>is embedded in webpages. The very user-friendly installation is fully
    >>>customizable, which means that you can install only those components
    >>>that you want. It is highly recommended to uninstall all existing
    >>>QuickTime related software, like QuickTime Player, before installing.
    >>>This way your system stays clean and potential problems will be
    >>>avoided.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2005/PL2005MULTIMEDIA.php#2378-PW

    >> OOPS!
    >> Codecguide.com is either offline or does not exist and *none* of
    >> the
    >>edskes mirrors answer.
    >> DOA.

    > Google: QuickTime Alternative+download
    >
    > Majorgeeks And Softpedia are good download sites.

    Thanks to both of you.
    The Codecguide link worked the next day; have it installed (codecs
    and plugin only).
    Now i have to figure how to test all of the possible formats (have
    DirectX 8 & 9 loaded, all codecs for media player 7-9 loaded and the
    Flash player too).
    At least i know the flash plugin works for NS 7.2...

    Robert Baer, Apr 8, 2005