Quicktime

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pastor Dave, Jul 16, 2005.

  1. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    Hi,

    I have Firefox 1.05 installed and I already had
    Quicktime installed (I use the K-Lite Codec package)
    and when I go to a web site that has Quicktime on it,
    it tells me to get the plugin. Is there any way to get
    Firefox to recognize what's already installed? I don't
    wish to uni9nstall the whole K-Lite package, as it
    would remove many codecs.

    --

    Pastor Dave

    Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Pastor Dave

    Nobody Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:08:59 GMT, Pastor Dave
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have Firefox 1.05 installed and I already had
    >Quicktime installed (I use the K-Lite Codec package)
    >and when I go to a web site that has Quicktime on it,
    >it tells me to get the plugin. Is there any way to get
    >Firefox to recognize what's already installed? I don't
    >wish to uni9nstall the whole K-Lite package, as it
    >would remove many codecs.

    If your ISP/news server allows you to go back to messages dated 20
    June 2005, take a look at the advice given for the thread "Missing
    Plugin".

    You probably need to set the file preferences in Quicktime.

    Nobody, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Pastor Dave

    Gregg Fowler Guest

    Nobody wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:08:59 GMT, Pastor Dave
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have Firefox 1.05 installed and I already had
    >>Quicktime installed (I use the K-Lite Codec package)
    >>and when I go to a web site that has Quicktime on it,
    >>it tells me to get the plugin. Is there any way to get
    >>Firefox to recognize what's already installed? I don't
    >>wish to uni9nstall the whole K-Lite package, as it
    >>would remove many codecs.

    > If your ISP/news server allows you to go back to messages dated 20
    > June 2005, take a look at the advice given for the thread "Missing
    > Plugin".
    >
    > You probably need to set the file preferences in Quicktime.

    You could always look it up in google also. I am having the same
    problems. The music on my web page will not play using Firefox at the
    moment. I'll fix it when I have time.

    Gregg

    Gregg Fowler, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:26:29 GMT, Nobody
    <> spake thusly:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:08:59 GMT, Pastor Dave
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have Firefox 1.05 installed and I already had
    >>Quicktime installed (I use the K-Lite Codec package)
    >>and when I go to a web site that has Quicktime on it,
    >>it tells me to get the plugin. Is there any way to get
    >>Firefox to recognize what's already installed? I don't
    >>wish to uni9nstall the whole K-Lite package, as it
    >>would remove many codecs.

    >If your ISP/news server allows you to go back to messages dated 20
    >June 2005, take a look at the advice given for the thread "Missing
    >Plugin".
    >
    >You probably need to set the file preferences in Quicktime.

    I read that thread. It didn't actually give a
    solution. But when I go to do that, it doesn't
    give me any options and says I should reinstall
    QuickTime, which means uninstalling the whole
    K-Lite package.

    Pastor Dave, Jul 18, 2005
  5. Pastor Dave

    Nobody Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:23:46 GMT, Pastor Dave
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:26:29 GMT, Nobody
    ><> spake thusly:
    >
    >>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:08:59 GMT, Pastor Dave
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I have Firefox 1.05 installed and I already had
    >>>Quicktime installed (I use the K-Lite Codec package)
    >>>and when I go to a web site that has Quicktime on it,
    >>>it tells me to get the plugin. Is there any way to get
    >>>Firefox to recognize what's already installed? I don't
    >>>wish to uni9nstall the whole K-Lite package, as it
    >>>would remove many codecs.

    >>If your ISP/news server allows you to go back to messages dated 20
    >>June 2005, take a look at the advice given for the thread "Missing
    >>Plugin".
    >>
    >>You probably need to set the file preferences in Quicktime.

    >I read that thread. It didn't actually give a
    >solution. But when I go to do that, it doesn't
    >give me any options and says I should reinstall
    >QuickTime, which means uninstalling the whole
    >K-Lite package.

    First, my apology... the thread name is "Plug-in question" but of the
    same date.

    Um, as far as I can see, none of the postings suggest uninstalling
    Quicktime.

    The advice from Hendrik Maryns and Ed Mullens seems to give you the
    information you need.

    <quicktime> and configured/set your file preferences?

    Nobody, Jul 19, 2005
  6. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:06:58 GMT, Nobody
    <> spake thusly:

    >On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:23:46 GMT, Pastor Dave
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:26:29 GMT, Nobody
    >><> spake thusly:

    >>>If your ISP/news server allows you to go back to messages dated 20
    >>>June 2005, take a look at the advice given for the thread "Missing
    >>>Plugin".
    >>>
    >>>You probably need to set the file preferences in Quicktime.

    >>I read that thread. It didn't actually give a
    >>solution. But when I go to do that, it doesn't
    >>give me any options and says I should reinstall
    >>QuickTime, which means uninstalling the whole
    >>K-Lite package.

    >First, my apology... the thread name is "Plug-in question" but of the
    >same date.
    >
    >Um, as far as I can see, none of the postings suggest uninstalling
    >Quicktime.
    >
    >The advice from Hendrik Maryns and Ed Mullens seems to give you the
    >information you need.

    ><quicktime> and configured/set your file preferences?

    Yes, it says that some Quicktime viewers appear
    not to be install correctly, etc.. Maybe I just ought
    to reinstall K-Lite and get it over with. :)

    Pastor Dave, Jul 19, 2005