    suitable software.

    Thanks
    Al

    Al, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Al

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Al wrote:
    > I have a Kodak digital camera that takes video clips. The resultant file
    > (.mov) can only be played by Quicktime. I wish to be able to edit these
    > clips and join them up and burn them to cd or dvd. I understand that I
    > need Quicktime Pro in order to do this. My problem is that when I tried
    > to upgrade from the free quicktime player to the "pay for" quicktime pro
    > the site did not list an option to purchase from NZ. Can anyone point me
    > to the correct place to purchase this upgrade or tell me of any other
    > suitable software.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Al

    It would be helpful if you said what OS you are using. I'll assume Windows.

    Why not just convert to a different format? There's lots of choices, and
    then you aren't tied to .mov for the output.

    My camera outputs huge .avi files, which I convert to .mpg using avi2mpg
    (free), the resulting files are good enough quality and small enough to
    email. Plus, I can then process them in VirtualDub. All for free.

    There just has to be something free that will do what you want here:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=.mov to .mpg and you can see you are by
    no means alone with this question.

    http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/ looks good, runs on Windows. Must try
    it sometime. Looks perfect. Not bad for free.

    "MP4Cam2AVI is MPEG4/MJPEG to AVI converter/joiner for MPEG-4 camcorders
    and digital photo cameras. It makes MPEG-4 camera clips DivX/XviD
    compatible and playable with any DVD-MPEG4 player like regular MPEG-4
    movie. Program supports *.MP4, *.MOV, and *.AVI input (MPEG-4 AVI's from
    Casio P505/Z750 cameras are not DivX-compatible). MJPEG *.MOV's from
    photo cameras are supported as well."

    "With MP4Cam2AVI, you can:
    - Convert and join MPEG-4 clips from your camera to single
    DivX-compatible MPEG-4 movie (to watch on PC or DVD-MPEG4 player);"

    HTH

    -=rjh=-, Jan 12, 2006

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > It would be helpful if you said what OS you are using. I'll assume Windows.
    >
    > Why not just convert to a different format? There's lots of choices, and
    > then you aren't tied to .mov for the output.
    >
    > My camera outputs huge .avi files, which I convert to .mpg using avi2mpg
    > (free), the resulting files are good enough quality and small enough to
    > email. Plus, I can then process them in VirtualDub. All for free.
    >
    > There just has to be something free that will do what you want here:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=.mov to .mpg and you can see you are by
    > no means alone with this question.
    >
    > http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/ looks good, runs on Windows. Must try
    > it sometime. Looks perfect. Not bad for free.
    >
    > "MP4Cam2AVI is MPEG4/MJPEG to AVI converter/joiner for MPEG-4 camcorders
    > and digital photo cameras. It makes MPEG-4 camera clips DivX/XviD
    > compatible and playable with any DVD-MPEG4 player like regular MPEG-4
    > movie. Program supports *.MP4, *.MOV, and *.AVI input (MPEG-4 AVI's from
    > Casio P505/Z750 cameras are not DivX-compatible). MJPEG *.MOV's from
    > photo cameras are supported as well."
    >
    > "With MP4Cam2AVI, you can:
    > - Convert and join MPEG-4 clips from your camera to single
    > DivX-compatible MPEG-4 movie (to watch on PC or DVD-MPEG4 player);"
    >
    > HTH

    Yes I'm using xp pro... Thanks for the pointers I'll check them out
    tonight
    Thanks
    Al

    Al, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Al

    steve Guest

    Al wrote:

    > I have a Kodak digital camera that takes video clips. The resultant file
    > (.mov) can only be played by Quicktime. I wish to be able to edit these
    > clips and join them up and burn them to cd or dvd. I understand that I
    > need Quicktime Pro in order to do this. My problem is that when I tried
    > to upgrade from the free quicktime player to the "pay for" quicktime pro
    > the site did not list an option to purchase from NZ. Can anyone point me
    > to the correct place to purchase this upgrade or tell me of any other
    > suitable software.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Al

    When I bought Quicktime Pro, the Apple customer service folk on the phone
    told me to give my NZ address, but the state as New South Wales.

    The web sites says explicitly NOT to do this.....but the staffers on the
    phone said explicitly TO do this....and ignore the web site.

    You do pay Australian GST.....and tax appears to be the only issue. If you
    won't want to pay that, then don't buy the software, I guess.

    Things may have changed now....

    steve, Jan 12, 2006
  5. Al

    Max Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Al wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Kodak digital camera that takes video clips. The resultant file
    > > (.mov) can only be played by Quicktime. I wish to be able to edit these
    > > clips and join them up and burn them to cd or dvd. I understand that I
    > > need Quicktime Pro in order to do this. My problem is that when I tried
    > > to upgrade from the free quicktime player to the "pay for" quicktime pro
    > > the site did not list an option to purchase from NZ. Can anyone point me
    > > to the correct place to purchase this upgrade or tell me of any other
    > > suitable software.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Al

    > When I bought Quicktime Pro, the Apple customer service folk on the phone
    > told me to give my NZ address, but the state as New South Wales.
    >
    > The web sites says explicitly NOT to do this.....but the staffers on the
    > phone said explicitly TO do this....and ignore the web site.
    >
    > You do pay Australian GST.....and tax appears to be the only issue. If you
    > won't want to pay that, then don't buy the software, I guess.
    >
    > Things may have changed now....

    It is still the same process. You first go to the apple.co.nz and then go to the quicktime section, it will take you to the Aus website, where it tells you how to make the purchase as a NZ customer. As a NZ customer your DON'T have to pay Australian GST, so after you have made you order, email Hayden Lockie, who is the Business Development Manager of Apple Australia, hlockie at asia.apple.com he will get their accounts people to refund you the GST and invoice without the GST

    Max, Jan 12, 2006
  6. Al

    Hanson Woo Guest

    Hanson Woo, Jan 14, 2006