    by it.

    thanks,

    mike
    mike, Jul 22, 2006

  2. mike

    Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, mike Wrote The Following:
    > hi,
    >
    > can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
    > player?
    >
    > the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
    >
    > i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
    > shit.
    >
    > now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
    > by it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    Take a look here : http://tinyurl.com/ejzld
    Another Firefox find from the address bar.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Jul 23, 2006

  3. mike

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <Rmxwg.71099$>, mike
    says...
    > hi,
    >
    > can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
    > player?
    >
    > the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
    >
    > i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
    > shit.
    >
    > now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
    > by it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    I won't use it either for the same reasons, same with RealPlayer in its
    various forms. There are freeware alternatives to both pieces of shit
    out there.

    FR
    Flying Rat, Jul 23, 2006
  4. mike

    Guest

    Flying Rat <> wrote:

    |>In article <Rmxwg.71099$>, mike
    |>says...
    |>> hi,
    |>>
    |>> can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
    |>> player?
    |>>
    |>> the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
    |>>
    |>> i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
    |>> shit.
    |>>
    |>> now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
    |>> by it.
    |>>
    |>> thanks,
    |>>
    |>> mike
    |>>

    |>http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    |>I won't use it either for the same reasons, same with RealPlayer in its
    |>various forms. There are freeware alternatives to both pieces of shit
    |>out there.

    Same here I use irfanview (with plug-ins) to view most videos
    including quicktime and wmv files.
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --
    http://www.everyvideogame.com/gamelist.php?start=951&sys=all
    , Jul 23, 2006
  5. mike

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Rmxwg.71099$>, mike
    <> wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > can videos recorded with a kodak digital camera be played by windows media
    > player?
    >
    > the kodak software keeps messaging me i must use quicktime.
    >
    > i've always despised quicktime and refuse to use this hijacking piece of
    > shit.
    >
    > now i may seel this camera unless i can use WMP to play the videos recorded
    > by it.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > mike

    Boy, are you ever overreacting.
    QuickTime does NOT hijack -- and what it does is good, useful, and
    almost entirely reasonable.
    I suspect you are simply referring to the fact that when it is
    installed, it assigns file types to it's own tools. Isn't that a
    reasonable expectation? You wouldn't be installing it if you didn't
    want to use it.

    Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
    And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?

    I just don't understand the acrimony.
    Apple isn't misbehaving, in my view.
    Mitch, Jul 24, 2006
  6. mike

    mike Guest

    hey mitch,

    it's obvious you know more about computers than i.

    i am a casual user.

    i wasn't overreacting. but i will now, thank you.

    are you a professional apologist for steve jobs et al? i ask a simple
    fucking question and you offer no solution, just your lame fucking opinion
    on quicktime. if i wanted your opinion on it, i would have asked for it and
    then taken my dick out of your mouth to see if you had a cogent response.

    i'll explain the acrimony. this goddam program makes itself the default for
    different functions. and it's a real bitch to remove, particularly when you
    throw that itunes bullshit into the mix!

    let's face it. the free version of quicktime is dwarfed by its WMP
    counterpart as far as features go.

    and when one finally does remove every last quicktime ctwig and crumb, the
    deleted
    program leaves playing audio (for example) on WMP impossible and it leads to
    function problems elsewhere also. IT SUCKS! IT'S A THIEF IN THE NIGHT! IT'S
    A HIJACKER. IT'S A PAIN IN THE ASS! IT'S A MITCH!

    > Anyway, it's easy to restore the assignments, right?
    > And QuickTime behaves once it is assigned the types you want, right?
    > And Mitch is a douche bag, right?

    are you talking down to me here, bitch, er, i mean mitch?

    i don't have a clue what you mean by "assignments." i'm sure many folks do.
    but i'll bet the majority of casual computer users, myself included, do
    not, right?

    why should i have to go out of my way to make quicktime "behave?" don't
    anthropomorphize it, for christ's sake! it's a program and a nasty little
    pirate at that.

    go up top and start a new thread called, "why i love quicktime," or words to
    that effect, and give your reasons for liking this software.let's see what
    type of response it generates.

    i'm sure you'll find yourself in the minority when it comes to liking
    quicktime.

    now, i'm sure there will be others who, like you, are enamored of
    quicktime. the number of quicktime fans is probably equal to the number of
    coprophilliacs running around your home town. we know there is at least
    one... same dude likes quicktime, right?

    right?

    right?

    right?

    mind your own business,

    mike

    mike, Jul 24, 2006
  7. mike

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-24, mike <> wrote:
    [snip]

    > i wasn't overreacting. but i will now, thank you.
    >
    > are you a professional apologist for steve jobs et al? i ask a simple
    > fucking question and you offer no solution, just your lame fucking opinion
    > on quicktime. if i wanted your opinion on it, i would have asked for it and
    > then taken my dick out of your mouth to see if you had a cogent response.

    [snip]

    I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
    Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
    less.

    --
    The Great Movie Posters:
    HOODLUMS FROM ANOTHER WORLD ON A RAY-GUN RAMPAGE!
    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2006
  8. mike

    mike Guest

    > I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
    > Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
    > less.
    >

    >Jimchip" <> wrote in message

    jimchip,

    i can see you're just another asshole with nothing to do. why did you post
    the above bullshit? you, like mitch, do not provide any answers or
    information other than you lame opinions about unrelated topics.

    but since we're being led off tangentially again, i must say what a cute
    name you have! did your mommy give it to you? or was it some old man for
    whom you were a catamite?

    how old are you, jimchip? if you're over 8 years of age, get another name
    will ya? unless you're the type that hangs around schools and so on. then
    that name's perfect for you.

    "just call me jimchip, bobby. oh, look! the ice cream man! bobby, reach into
    my pocket and get some change and go buy yourself an ice cream."

    hey jimchip, why don't you give ol' mitch a call and you guys can go do the
    chickenhawk thing together and keep each other company while you're chasing
    little kids through dark parks.
    mike, Jul 24, 2006
  9. mike

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-07-24, mike <> wrote:
    >> I thought Saturday nite was when all the real assholes trolled 24HS.HD.
    >> Now it's Sunday when the shitheads kook out. All over Quicktime, no
    >> less.
    >>

    >>Jimchip" <> wrote in message

    > jimchip,
    >
    > i can see you're just another asshole with nothing to do. why did you post
    > the above bullshit? you, like mitch, do not provide any answers or
    > information other than you lame opinions about unrelated topics.

    Gee, it's not for you to say what's related and what's not. You are
    allowed to have your opinion. My opinion is that you are full of
    vituperative spew and I don't see why you think you can post the crap
    that you do and not expect someone to say that you are way out of line.
    [snip]

    --
    In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
    with words in the proper order then why can't he?
    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2006
  10. mike

    mike Guest

    jimchip,

    your head is so far up your ass it has come back up through your shoulders.

    do you carry yoda dolls to entice the young ones?

    mike, Jul 24, 2006