    Tim Weaver

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
    but I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant."
    Tim Weaver, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Tim Weaver

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    This will put a stop to it - http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml
    jimpgh2002, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

    Get QuickTime alternative
    http://mirror1.edskes.com/

    On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, in
    <-berlin.de>
    Tim Weaver scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    jimpgh2002 wrote:

    > On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, Tim Weaver
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it
    >>puts an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no
    >>way to turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

    > This will put a stop to it - http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Yowza! That'll do it, just fine. Many thanks. :)

    Tim Weaver, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Tim Weaver

    Richard Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

    No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.
    Richard, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Tim Weaver

    Richard Guest

    Tim Weaver wrote:

    > OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it
    > puts an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no
    > way to turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

    Go into msconfig and uncheck "qttask".
    Richard, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Tim Weaver

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:28:03 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > °Mike° wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

    >No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.

    No, because every time you run QT, it reinstates itself.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 13, 2004
  8. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:28:03 -0600, in
    > <>
    > Richard scrawled:
    >
    >> °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >> > Yeah, uninstall QuickTime. It's worse than Real for doing that.

    >>No. Just turn off "qttask" in msconfig.

    > No, because every time you run QT, it reinstates itself.

    Which sucks, mightily.

    Tim Weaver, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Tim Weaver

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Nope it won't. It still regenerates every time QT starts.

    pcbutts1, Jan 13, 2004
  10. Tim Weaver

    Shel-hed Guest

    This page worked for me- (v. 6.3)
    http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_q.htm

    Shel-hed, Jan 13, 2004
  11. Tim Weaver

    Tim Weaver Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:

    > This page worked for me- (v. 6.3)
    > http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_q.htm
    >
    > On 13 Jan 2004 01:44:40 GMT, Tim Weaver
    > <> wrote in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >>OK, wizzards, answer me this: When Quicktime starts, *EVERY TIME*, it
    >>puts an entry in one of the "Run" keys in the registry. I can find no
    >>way to turn it off. Anybody know how? Anyone?

    Wow. I can't believe I looked all over the ability to simply untick a
    setting and kill the thing. Sheesh... Thanks, muchly.

    Tim Weaver, Jan 13, 2004
  12. Tim Weaver

    jimpgh2002 Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 03:29:22 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    wrote:

    >Nope it won't. It still regenerates every time QT starts.

    Every time QT or anything else tries to add itself to startup,
    startupmonitor causes a window to pop up asking if I want to allow
    it...I simply click no...works that way for me at least.
    jimpgh2002, Jan 14, 2004