    http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
    or
    http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude
    Scott Nelson, Oct 29, 2005

  2. Scott Nelson

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:44:36 -0500, in message
     <>, Scott Nelson wrote:

    > Subject: Quicktime and Firefox
    >
    > Whenever I click on a wav file or audio file on the Internet, Quicktime
    > opens up

    Is that opens up (A) in the browser, or opens up (B) as a separate
    QuickTime window (not in another browser window)
    I'll assume (A) the first one.

    > and the audio is choppy. I used to have Winamp open and that
    > worked fine. I've looked at all the settings in Quicktime and can't
    > find the problem. Anyone have any ideas? Or better yet, how can I make
    > Winamp the default?
    >
    > Scott

    Assuming (A) above...

    For the settings to look at, start from the Windows control panel

    Control Panel -> QuickTime -> Browser Plug-in -> MIME Settings

    Expand each of the sections, e.g. "[+] Audio", then un-check the media types
    which you do not want the QuickTime browser plug-in to handle.

    If you mean (B), start in Firefox by looking at

    Tools -> Options -> Downloads
    ---File Types---
    Automatically perform the associated action with each of the following file types

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Oct 29, 2005