    or later" so do I need to DL QT 7.? or is there another way of avoiding
    it...

    Thanks
    Muse Gruppes, Aug 1, 2006

  2. Muse Gruppes

    richard Guest

    "Muse Gruppes" <> wrote in message
    news:O8zzg.9642$-nyc.rr.com...
    >I installed this recently because I don't use QT normally, but needed it
    >for certain websites. But, a third of the time I get an error saying "The
    >quickime plugin requires the quicktime system extension version 5 or later"
    >so do I need to DL QT 7.? or is there another way of avoiding it...
    >
    > Thanks

    No big deal now. Just dl the thing and install it. They have gotten rid of a
    lot of the crap that many millions of people were complaining about. But
    that pesky qttask.exe program still wants to come into play for some reason.
    Shut it off when you're not running QT.
    richard, Aug 1, 2006

  3. Muse Gruppes

    Vanguard Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "Muse Gruppes" <> wrote in message
    >>I installed this recently because I don't use QT normally, but
    >>needed it for certain websites. But, a third of the time I get an
    >>error saying "The quickime plugin requires the quicktime system
    >>extension version 5 or later" so do I need to DL QT 7.? or is there
    >>another way of avoiding it...
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > No big deal now. Just dl the thing and install it. They have gotten
    > rid of a lot of the crap that many millions of people were
    > complaining about. But that pesky qttask.exe program still wants to
    > come into play for some reason. Shut it off when you're not running
    > QT.

    You can also use msconfig.exe to disable it so it doesn't load on
    Windows startup. It isn't needed.
    Vanguard, Aug 1, 2006
  4. Muse Gruppes

    Mitch Guest

    In article <O8zzg.9642$-nyc.rr.com>, Muse
    Gruppes <> wrote:

    > I installed this recently because I don't use QT normally, but needed it
    > for certain websites. But, a third of the time I get an error saying
    > "The quickime plugin requires the quicktime system extension version 5
    > or later" so do I need to DL QT 7.? or is there another way of avoiding
    > it...

    This was an error that came up for a friend when he forced a newer QT
    to install to a system without uninstalling the old version.
    That was years ago, but it might be possible.
    It might be fixed if you uninstall all the QT stuff and reinstall again.
    Mitch, Aug 1, 2006