    ----

    ICQ UIN: 17241789
    ----

    John Capleton, Nov 9, 2005

  2. John Capleton

    George Guest

    George, Nov 9, 2005

  3. John Capleton

    Wayne D Guest

    In article <svdcf.8318$>,
    says...
    > If I dowload and install Quicktime Alternative, RealPlayer Alternative &
    > Media Player Classic:
    >
    > 1. Can I uninstall Quicktime, Real Player/RealOne & Windows Media Player?
    >
    > 2. Should I uninstall Quicktime, RealPlayer/RealOne & Windows Media Player
    > before I install the Alternatives?
    >
    > 3. Where is the best place to download the Alternatives, i.e. K-Lite Codec
    > Pack, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, etc.?
    >
    > 4. Where are the best instructions to do this?
    >
    > Cappy
    >
    > ----
    >
    > ICQ UIN: 17241789
    > ----

    Answer to questions:

    1: Yes

    2: Quicktime, RealPlayer/RealOne uninstall first. Windows Media Player
    - you can but you may also leave on your computer

    3: http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/

    4: http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/

    Note: Win 98 users should stick with version 1.38 for the K-Lite Mega
    Codec Pack: http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega_old.htm
    and version 2.54 for the K-Lite Codec Pack:
    http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl_old.htm

    Regards

    Wayne D

    P.S. Other download links

    http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/
    K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

    http://www.codecguide.com/links.htm
    Official K-Lite Codec Resource Site * K-Lite Mega Codec Pack * QuickTime
    and Real Alternative

    http://www.codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

    http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
    Official K-Lite Codec Resource Site * K-Lite Mega Codec Pack * QuickTime
    and Real Alternative

    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1094057842/3
    FileForum | K-Lite Codec Pack Full

    http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1080441198/1