    That's alot of steps.

    I don't care about setting password or limiting access. Open to public is
    fine, but it needs to preserve the original photo size/resolution.
    james, Jan 12, 2009

  2. james

    Matt Ion Guest

    james wrote:
    > Which web album (e.g. picasa, windows live, flickr, ...), along with its
    > custom software allows me to upload a photo to the web with the fewest
    > steps?
    >
    > Often I want to put a link to photo in an email or a news post. Using a
    > web album I currently subscribed to, I have to log in to the album's web
    > site, click upload, name the new album, browse to my photo, click
    > upload, ... That's alot of steps.
    >
    > I don't care about setting password or limiting access. Open to public
    > is fine, but it needs to preserve the original photo size/resolution.

    I use Picasa myself... select the photo or photos you want, click
    Upload, change any options you want (it will default to creating a new
    album with the name of the folder it's in), click Upload again, and
    you're done. As of Picasa 3, it has a live-update feature as well,
    which will keep your web albums always updated with changes made to the
    designated computer albums.

    If you're on Facebook, there's also a plugin for quick and easy
    uploading to your Facebook photo albums.
    Matt Ion, Jan 12, 2009

  3. james

    Paul Furman Guest

    james wrote:
    > Which web album (e.g. picasa, windows live, flickr, ...), along with its
    > custom software allows me to upload a photo to the web with the fewest
    > steps?
    >
    > Often I want to put a link to photo in an email or a news post. Using a
    > web album I currently subscribed to, I have to log in to the album's web
    > site, click upload, name the new album, browse to my photo, click
    > upload, ... That's alot of steps.
    >
    > I don't care about setting password or limiting access. Open to public
    > is fine, but it needs to preserve the original photo size/resolution.

    Teach your browser to remember login & password to cut out that step. I
    use Firefox on windows.

    1. Type 'fl' in the address bar - Firefox remembers recent addresses so
    just click to auto-complete & you're logged in.

    2. Click upload in the 'You' menu, select files, click upload. It
    remembers the last folder.

    3. Click the 'You' menu to see the results & skip annotation for now.
    Later you can just type right into the web page since you are already
    logged in for title. Click in the title or description box and it turns
    yellow with a save button. You can apply tags & annotation to groups of
    photos also. Pics are just presented chronologically so no need to make
    a folder. Add tags for easier searching or folders or add to a shared
    group pool if you like.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net