    open an HP inkjet to permit printing
    Thanks

    , Dec 6, 2005

  2. Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>Does anyone know of a subroutine for Quickbasic whch will
    |>open an HP inkjet to permit printing

    Do you know the escape codes for the printer? If so just print the
    appropriate one to the device.

    Are you going to program it yourself? or asking for one? Finding one
    might take sometime' writing one yourself is a great start in
    programming as this type of program is very simple.

    --
    Hubble DVD's - Free downloads
    http://www.spacetelescope.org/videos/archive/topic/dvd//

    Trax, Dec 6, 2005

  3. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > Does anyone know of a subroutine for Quickbasic whch will
    > open an HP inkjet to permit printing
    > Thanks

    Is this a problem because your HP is connected via USB? HP should be fine if
    you are on a standard LPT port.

    If it *is* USB, I think you can set it up with the Net Use command. In
    Windows, SHARE the printer. Make a note of the printer share name and the
    computer name. At the DOS prompt, type: net use lpt1
    \\computername\printername <enter>

    Then run Quickbasic. That may work for you...I don't have QB installed here
    at home, so I can't test it.

    --
    Not that morphing fool...

    Toolman Tim, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:05:04 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Is this a problem because your HP is connected via USB? HP should be fine if
    >you are on a standard LPT port.

    The port is DOT4_001

    I don't know how to use this to make
    printer print a string value using Quickbasic
    Could you help me ?
    Thanks

    , Dec 6, 2005
  5. In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:05:04 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is this a problem because your HP is connected via USB? HP should be
    >> fine if you are on a standard LPT port.

    > The port is DOT4_001
    >
    > I don't know how to use this to make
    > printer print a string value using Quickbasic
    > Could you help me ?
    > Thanks

    That is the USB port. The information Toolman Tim posted (which you snipped
    out) covered that exact problem. Share the printer, Net Use LPT1 printer.

    --
    We put the "K" in "Kwality"!

    Quirk E. Dude, Dec 6, 2005