    2. If is it possible, what can I do?

    Thanks
    José

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBQZXJkaWdhbw==?=, May 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBQZXJkaWdhbw==?=

    Dave Guest

    "Jose Perdigao" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I did a program in QuickBasic 4.5 about 15 year ago.
    > Now I need to run it in Windows XP and I can't.
    > I copy a folder where ia have a QuickBasic files and the code to run my
    > program and doesn't work.
    > I go to MS DOS prompt and when I open qbasic.exe doesn't work properly,
    > when
    > I type the letters is not the same letters from keyboard, if I click menu
    > file the mouse doesn't work. The keyboarda doesn't wok properly
    >
    > 1. Is it possible to run quickbasic 4.5 in Windows XP?

    Dunno, not tried.
    > 2. If is it possible, what can I do?

    Use VMWare (or VirtualPC?) and build a dos-based environment. You should
    have you program running in a few minutes. VMware can be evaluated for 30
    days, see http://www.vmware.com/ for details.

    Dave, May 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBQZXJkaWdhbw==?=

    >I did a program in QuickBasic 4.5 about 15 year ago.
    > Now I need to run it in Windows XP and I can't.
    > I copy a folder where ia have a QuickBasic files and the code to run my
    > program and doesn't work.
    > I go to MS DOS prompt and when I open qbasic.exe doesn't work properly,
    > when
    > I type the letters is not the same letters from keyboard, if I click menu
    > file the mouse doesn't work. The keyboarda doesn't wok properly
    >
    > 1. Is it possible to run quickbasic 4.5 in Windows XP?
    > 2. If is it possible, what can I do?

    Or try what is suggested on
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread798.html Personally, I prefer
    VMWare, *much* safer.

    Future threads along these lines should really be posted in a more
    appropriate ng.

    Dave, May 11, 2005
  4. As QuickBasic was a 16-bit development platform, you can't run it in XP.
    This also means your application won't work under XP. You will have to
    convert it to a newer release of Visual Basic. 16-bit support died out at
    Windows Me. I hope this helps.

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    www.davineastley.tk