    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"

    Alasdair Baxter, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    trout Guest

    Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    > I installed QuickTime Player on my system. Unfortunately it appears
    > in my taskbar each time I start up my computer. Please, anyone, how
    > can I stop it doing this. It is not in my startup folder.

    One thing to check; is to make sure it's not set to automatically
    update.
    --
    "All I can think of."

    trout, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    °Mike° Guest

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=PtYna.7196%24X44.4737%40fed1read07>

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:12:53 +0000, in
    <>
    Alasdair Baxter scrawled:

    >I installed QuickTime Player on my system. Unfortunately it appears
    >in my taskbar each time I start up my computer. Please, anyone, how
    >can I stop it doing this. It is not in my startup folder.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    Colin Guest

    Right Click on the icon in the system tray,

    Properties,

    Uncheck the tick mark in the box next to
    Quick Time System Tray Icon.
    That should doit!!>
    good luck..
    C3

    Colin, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Alasdair Baxter

    Colin Guest

    oops, It should have been "PREFERANCES" not Properties..

    sorry!.

    Colin, Nov 18, 2003
  6. Alasdair Baxter

    Patrick Guest

    Colin wrote:
    > oops, It should have been "PREFERANCES" not Properties..
    >
    > sorry!.

    Oh no it shouldn't, it should be 'Preferences' :)

    --
    I love to waste bandwidth

    Patrick, Nov 18, 2003