    England
    http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage/
    http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv
    Dave Croft, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Dave Croft

    Boomer Guest

    Dave Croft wrote:

    > A while ago I installed Quicktime for windows & it installed
    > Quick time picture viewer. This caused me many problems &
    > I have tried to remove it.
    > When I do remove it all my many photo's which have been
    > converted to quick time picture format by the program cannot be
    > opened. How can I convert about a 1000 pictures back to normal
    > JPEG's. I am using 98SE.

    This popular program will do it for you.

    IrfanView
    http://www.irfanview.com

    Boomer, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Dave Croft

    °Mike° Guest

    They haven't been converted, the file association has been
    changed, that's all. Go into Photoshop's options and associate
    your image files with Photoshop, or (for a speedier viewer)
    use IrfanView (free)
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 00:26:37 +0100, in
    <JYHgb.9318$>
    Dave Croft scrawled:

    >A while ago I installed Quicktime for windows & it installed
    >Quick time picture viewer. This caused me many problems &
    >I have tried to remove it.
    >When I do remove it all my many photo's which have been converted to
    >quick time picture format by the program cannot be opened.
    >How can I convert about a 1000 pictures back to normal JPEG's.
    >I am using 98SE.
    >Adobe Photoshop can open them ok as JPEG.
    >If this is a sample of how an Apple program works I begin to see
    >why Windows is so popular!
    > --
    >Dave Croft
    >Warrington
    >England
    >http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage/
    >http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Dave Croft wrote:
    > A while ago I installed Quicktime for windows & it installed
    > Quick time picture viewer. This caused me many problems &
    > I have tried to remove it.
    > When I do remove it all my many photo's which have been converted to
    > quick time picture format by the program cannot be opened.
    > How can I convert about a 1000 pictures back to normal JPEG's.
    > I am using 98SE.
    > Adobe Photoshop can open them ok as JPEG.
    > If this is a sample of how an Apple program works I begin to see
    > why Windows is so popular!
    > --
    > Dave Croft
    > Warrington
    > England
    > http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/homepage/
    > http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv

    The only thing you can do now is reformat. Quicktime is designed to force
    you to use it forever.
    Rev. Quentin P. Johannas, Oct 8, 2003
  5. Dave Croft

    Harrison Guest

    Let us know if you need help adding the reverend to your kill file.

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 18:01:50 -0600, "Rev. Quentin P. Johannas"
    <> due to a lack of parental

    Harrison, Oct 8, 2003
  6. Howdy!

    "Dave Croft" <> wrote in message
    > A while ago I installed Quicktime for windows & it installed
    > Quick time picture viewer. This caused me many problems &
    > I have tried to remove it.
    > When I do remove it all my many photo's which have been converted to
    > quick time picture format by the program cannot be opened.

    They've not been converted, it's only that Windows is too stupid to
    understand "Open with this, then that, then that, depending on what's
    available."

    > How can I convert about a 1000 pictures back to normal JPEG's.

    Take ONE picture. Click on it ONCE to select it. Shift-Right-Click
    (hold down the shift key, then using the right button, click on it) to get
    "Open With ...". Select PhotoShop (or Irfanview, a MUCH faster app for
    viewing) as the 'Open With' app, and select, at the bottom, "Always use this
    application to open files of type JPG".

    That fixes the open.

    > I am using 98SE.
    > Adobe Photoshop can open them ok as JPEG.
    > If this is a sample of how an Apple program works I begin to see
    > why Windows is so popular!

    Nope, it's Whin-derz that's too stupid to handle multiple apps that
    can open one file type.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Dave Croft

    Dave Croft Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote in message news:blvqj5$gn21d$-berlin.de...
    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Dave Croft" <> wrote in message
    > > A while ago I installed Quicktime for windows & it installed
    > > Quick time picture viewer. This caused me many problems &
    > > I have tried to remove it.
    > > When I do remove it all my many photo's which have been converted to
    > > quick time picture format by the program cannot be opened.

    > They've not been converted, it's only that Windows is too stupid to
    > understand "Open with this, then that, then that, depending on what's
    > available."
    >
    > > How can I convert about a 1000 pictures back to normal JPEG's.

    > Take ONE picture. Click on it ONCE to select it. Shift-Right-Click
    > (hold down the shift key, then using the right button, click on it) to get
    > "Open With ...". Select PhotoShop (or Irfanview, a MUCH faster app for
    > viewing) as the 'Open With' app, and select, at the bottom, "Always use this
    > application to open files of type JPG".
    > That fixes the open.

    Thanks guys, RwP,s solution was the one I needed
    with the exception that I used Internet Explorer to open the file.
    (Its the one I am used to).
    By a big co-incidence I have had correspondence from 3
    clergymen in the last few days & 2 of them were very helpful.
    I suppose that 2 out of 3 is good odds on the internet. 8^)

    Dave Croft, Oct 8, 2003