    just not register the extra RAM and use only 192 megs of it?

    Thanks,

    Bobby
    Bobby, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Bobby

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Bobby" <> wrote in
    news:E7tJb.32340$:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an older laptop and want to upgrade a bit of RAM, I believe the
    > mobo limit for RAM is 192, what happens if I put in more than that?
    > Will the mobo just not register the extra RAM and use only 192 megs of
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bobby

    http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

    You can go to the link above and give the computer name and model and it
    will tell you your options for the laptop and its RAM expansion.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Bobby

    Michael-NC Guest

    Most likely, it won't recognize the module at all. Take that crucial link
    another guy posted.

    Michael-NC, Jan 3, 2004
  4. Bobby

    George Guest

    You'll likely have floating address lines which, if it works at all, will be
    totally unreliable.

    George, Jan 20, 2004