Quick Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by F/32 Eurydice, May 7, 2010.

  1. Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services, or was there
    only one?
    F/32 Eurydice, May 7, 2010

  2. F/32 Eurydice

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:57:21 -0700, F/32 Eurydice wrote:

    > Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services, or was there
    > only one?

    Is Google down again?

    Who ties your fucking shoelaces for you in the mornings?

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he put Spanish Fly in Christopher Robin's drink.
    Dan C, May 8, 2010

  3. F/32 Eurydice

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Com + what. there is many ways of answering to a COM

    --
    Peter

    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Peter Foldes, May 8, 2010
  4. F/32 Eurydice

    Mike Easter Guest

    F/32 Eurydice wrote:
    Subject: Quick Question

    'Quick Question' is a poor choice of subject content.

    GG googlegroups is a poor choice of interface for reading or posting to
    usenet groups. Get a newsreader/news server.

    > Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services,

    Your question is ambiguous, but assuming that you are talking about
    Component Object Model (COM) introduced in 1983...

    .... Yes, COM+ is a significant extension to that COM.

    > or was there
    > only one?

    No. COM has now come to be an umbrella term which now includes OLE, OLE
    Automation, ActiveX, COM+ and DCOM technologies as described by the wiki
    article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_Object_Model

    That article points out that in some ways COM (the family including
    COM+) has been deprecated in favor of .NET, and/but that MS plans to
    continue support for COM the family.

    The article is 13 screenfuls, and includes a link to a 2007 article
    about integrating COM+ with WCF if you are working on a homework assignment.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb978523.aspx Integration and
    Migration of COM+ services to WCF

    --
    Mike Easter