    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 28, 2004

  2. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the ned of
    > it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner multi-function thingy
    > at the same time.

    HP a vacuum cleaner???? Please......

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004

  3. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 29, 2004
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the
    >> ned of it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner
    >> multi-function thingy at the same time.

    > HP a vacuum cleaner???? Please......

    Thanks for the constructive advice dickwad. If I had the cash do you think
    I'd be putting it on HP? I'm an invalid, on a benefit. I had a porkchop for
    Xmas dinner because they were on special. Luckilly I have a Standard and
    Poors A+/strong credit rating as I always pay my bills, even if it means no
    food that week.

    Why bother even replying you smug prick?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  6. ~misfit~

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Richard wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the
    >>> ned of it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner
    >>> multi-function thingy at the same time.

    >> HP a vacuum cleaner???? Please......

    > Thanks for the constructive advice dickwad. If I had the cash do you think
    > I'd be putting it on HP? I'm an invalid, on a benefit. I had a porkchop
    > for
    > Xmas dinner because they were on special. Luckilly I have a Standard and
    > Poors A+/strong credit rating as I always pay my bills, even if it means
    > no
    > food that week.
    >
    > Why bother even replying you smug prick?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    You do no need guys like that misfit, some ignoramious who has no life.
    sorry to hear about you situation, hope things will get better in the new
    year..all the best

    cheers

    Krazy Bob, Dec 29, 2004
  7. ~misfit~

    Krazy Bob Guest

    Krazy Bob, Dec 29, 2004
  8. Richard wrote:
    >> I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the ned of
    >> it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner multi-function
    >> thingy
    >> at the same time.

    > HP a vacuum cleaner???? Please......

    errr, whats wrong with that?

    never been in the situation where you have no cash, but can afford 18
    months intrest free, no payments for 12 months?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004
  10. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Richard wrote:

    >>> HP a vacuum cleaner???? Please......

    >> Thanks for the constructive advice dickwad. If I had the cash do you
    >> think I'd be putting it on HP? I'm an invalid, on a benefit. I had a
    >> porkchop for
    >> Xmas dinner because they were on special. Luckilly I have a Standard
    >> and Poors A+/strong credit rating as I always pay my bills, even if
    >> it means no
    >> food that week.
    >>
    >> Why bother even replying you smug prick?
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~

    > You do no need guys like that misfit, some ignoramious who has no
    > life. sorry to hear about you situation, hope things will get better
    > in the new year..all the best

    Thanks dude.

    Still, nobody seems to be on-line with experience of these multi-function
    things. I'd love to be able to get rid of the 10-year old SCSI scanner I
    currently use and my printer is out of ink and it will cost $150 for ink
    alone. I figured if I'm signing an HP agreement I might as well make it
    worthwhile, kill two birds with one stone. Only pay one booking fee.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  11. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  12. ~misfit~

    Mel Guest

    Multifunctions - scanner and printers are usually less dpi than a single
    unit. The multifunctions were tested a year ago in consumer, but have
    all got a lot better since then.

    I do not own one, but know of several people that do - all are happy
    with them.

    The HP one was a ^&*%^& to install.

    The vaccum cleaner, been there, done that this year. The expensive
    tellus died after 21 years. I looked at heaps and heaps, also wanting
    to save every cent I could - I have severe arthritis, but also needed
    something I could manage.

    The cheap versus the expensive - I went for a Meile, small medium sized
    one, hoping that when I need to replace it, I may have more money.
    Consumer also recommended all Meiles. I am more than happy with it.

    I probably don't need to worry heaps about another one - on top of
    everything else I have had to try and live with, I just been told that I
    have leukaemia!

    Mel, Dec 29, 2004
  13. ~misfit~

    Mel, Dec 29, 2004
  14. Mel wrote:
    > I just been told that I
    > have leukaemia!

    wow, pain in the arse.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004
  15. Mel wrote:
    > I just been told that I
    > have leukaemia!

    wow, pain in the arse.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 29, 2004
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mel wrote:
    > Multifunctions - scanner and printers are usually less dpi than a
    > single unit. The multifunctions were tested a year ago in consumer,
    > but have all got a lot better since then.
    >
    > I do not own one, but know of several people that do - all are happy
    > with them.
    >
    > The HP one was a ^&*%^& to install.

    Ok, thanks for that. I have an HP printer and it's been expensive for
    consumables. I'd rather avoid them in future. I was thinking maybe Epson but
    I know nothing about them. A lot of it depends on what the store has really.

    > The vaccum cleaner, been there, done that this year. The expensive
    > tellus died after 21 years. I looked at heaps and heaps, also wanting
    > to save every cent I could - I have severe arthritis, but also needed
    > something I could manage.

    Sorry to hear about your arthritis. My old vacuum cleaner is an old
    Electrolux, maybe 25 years old. The thing still works fine, it's just the
    plastic fittings where the hose attaches are broken. I've used tape on it
    and bodged it up several times over the years but it's had it now. I hate to
    get rid of it, it still sucks just fine and is fairly quiet.

    > The cheap versus the expensive - I went for a Meile, small medium
    > sized one, hoping that when I need to replace it, I may have more
    > money. Consumer also recommended all Meiles. I am more than happy
    > with it.

    Thanks for that, I was thinking Nilfisk but don't get Consumer and don't
    really know a lot about vacuum cleaners.

    > I probably don't need to worry heaps about another one - on top of
    > everything else I have had to try and live with, I just been told
    > that I have leukaemia!

    Bugger! Really sorry to hear that. Life sure does throw you some curly ones
    sometimes huh? Best of luck.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  17. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004
  18. ~misfit~

    steven Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:55:34 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the ned of
    > it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner multi-function thingy
    > at the same time.

    good idea,

    i got a Image Class MPC190 MFP, the only issue with it is that its scanner
    software refuses to work when installed in my w2k3 server box (ie the
    software is crippled).

    it cost me ~ $300, hp'd it over 2 years intrest free (standard with Smith
    City), paid it in 3 months (me and my partner split it).

    the cartridages are easealy refillable and reliable when refilled, cheap
    when they need to be replaced.

    i got a excelent deal through Smith City - came with free cartridge & usb
    cable pack. In actual fact i got Three Sets of ink (bw/colour), two usb
    cables, two packs of a4 printer paper & glossy photo paper. so i pretty
    much only paid ~ 50 for the printer

    their mistake, no worries ;)

    check out your local smith city, they always have their 'easy pay' intrest
    free deal

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)

    steven, Dec 29, 2004
  19. ~misfit~

    steven, Dec 29, 2004
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steven wrote:
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:55:34 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> I have to ge get a new vacuum cleaner on HP, ours has come to the
    >> ned of it's useful life. I am going to get a printer/scanner
    >> multi-function thingy at the same time.

    > good idea,
    >
    > i got a Image Class MPC190 MFP, the only issue with it is that its
    > scanner software refuses to work when installed in my w2k3 server box
    > (ie the software is crippled).
    >
    > it cost me ~ $300, hp'd it over 2 years intrest free (standard with
    > Smith City), paid it in 3 months (me and my partner split it).
    >
    > the cartridages are easealy refillable and reliable when refilled,
    > cheap when they need to be replaced.
    >
    > i got a excelent deal through Smith City - came with free cartridge &
    > usb cable pack. In actual fact i got Three Sets of ink (bw/colour),
    > two usb cables, two packs of a4 printer paper & glossy photo paper.
    > so i pretty much only paid ~ 50 for the printer
    >
    > their mistake, no worries ;)
    >
    > check out your local smith city, they always have their 'easy pay'
    > intrest free deal

    Thanks for the reply.

    I've never heard of Image Class so I put MCP 190 MFP into Google and all the
    international pages came back with Canon, only New Zealand pages came back
    with "Image Class". What is this? Parallel imported, re-named? Strange.

    Anyway, can't put it off any longer, I'll look for this beastie, thanks.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 29, 2004