    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 12, 2008

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    rf Guest

    "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
    >
    > Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
    > television

    Compared to what?

    If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the digital
    one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the digital connection.

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Feb 12, 2008

  3. On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:24:36 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >"Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote in message
    >>I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
    >>
    >> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
    >> television

    >Compared to what?
    >
    >If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the digital
    >one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the digital connection.

    Thanks
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 12, 2008
  4. rf wrote:

    > If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection the
    > digital one will be far superior, assuming your TV accepts the
    > digital connection.

    Hey rf, you're confusing your electronics with your web authoring. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -sorry, could .. not .. resist ..
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 12, 2008
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
    >
    > Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
    > television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
    > clarity from a digital connection?

    For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
    signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
    without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
    the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
    an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
    Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>
    Good Luck
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Old Gringo, Feb 12, 2008
  6. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:

    > I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
    >
    > Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
    > television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
    > clarity from a digital connection?

    Wont be noticeable until you increase the resolution capabilities of the
    device you are using to view the signal.
    Meat Plow, Feb 12, 2008
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    John Guest

    What a load of S***

    Any old TV with a scart will give a vastly superior picture with a Digibox
    than is possible with a "Perfect" Analogue coax reception.

    John, Feb 12, 2008
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:07 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >> If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection

    That's 'AERIAL'.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com
    Aardvark, Feb 12, 2008
  9. Aardvark wrote:

    > On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:21:07 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    No, Beauregard did not "wrote:" that. "rf" did.

    >>> If compared to a signal that you get from the "arial" connection

    > That's 'AERIAL'.

    Hence, my reply, which you snipped, alluding that rf is used to typing
    the *font* named "arial" when he works on web sites, and not the term
    "aerial," which of course is an antenna.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 12, 2008
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:28:32 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    Thinking Twice, John Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > scart

    My Sony has 2 channel selectors and 4 screws on the back to hook up
    the antennas required for the 2 channel selectors UHF/VHF. No coax
    or 21 pin connectors. What do I do now?
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    2/12/2008 5:00:55 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Feb 12, 2008
  11. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    nobody > Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:28:32 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    > Thinking Twice, John Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    > Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> scart

    > My Sony has 2 channel selectors and 4 screws on the back to hook up
    > the antennas required for the 2 channel selectors UHF/VHF. No coax
    > or 21 pin connectors. What do I do now?

    You need what's called a 'balun' that converts a 75 ohm coax source to
    twinlead 300ohm for the screw terminals.

    That's in case you really do still own a Sony like that boat anchor.
    nobody >, Feb 13, 2008
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:24:08 -0800, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, nobody > Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:28:32 GMT, Without Any Hesitation Or
    >> Thinking Twice, John Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> scart

    >> My Sony has 2 channel selectors and 4 screws on the back to hook up
    >> the antennas required for the 2 channel selectors UHF/VHF. No coax
    >> or 21 pin connectors. What do I do now?

    > You need what's called a 'balun' that converts a 75 ohm coax source to
    > twinlead 300ohm for the screw terminals.
    >
    > That's in case you really do still own a Sony like that boat anchor.

    The Sony is 36 years old and still has a grand picture via Satellite.
    I use a T-20 on the back to connect. I was just pulling Johns leg.
    <g>
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    2/13/2008 4:37:29 PM CST
    Old Gringo, Feb 13, 2008
  13. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Phat Sam Guest

    kOn Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:59:53 -0600, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
    >signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
    >without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
    >the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
    >an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
    >Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>

    Actually, at the hospital, we was watching a broadcast from a channel
    that claimed to be a High Definition Broadcast (think it was HDNBC or
    something like that), they kept popping up their logo with the big HD
    on the bottom of the screen.... Made me want to go back and watch TV
    on my 13" screen analog.... Seems like my 13" screen had better
    quality.....
    Phat Sam, Feb 14, 2008
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Thu, 14 Feb 2008 03:29:21 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Phat Sam Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > kOn Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:59:53 -0600, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
    >>signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
    >>without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
    >>the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
    >>an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
    >>Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>

    > Actually, at the hospital, we was watching a broadcast from a channel
    > that claimed to be a High Definition Broadcast (think it was HDNBC or
    > something like that), they kept popping up their logo with the big HD
    > on the bottom of the screen.... Made me want to go back and watch TV
    > on my 13" screen analog.... Seems like my 13" screen had better
    > quality.....

    Bigger is not always better. :)
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    2/14/2008 6:13:28 AM CST
    Old Gringo, Feb 14, 2008
  15. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Barry OGrady Guest

    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting

    >"Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >> On Or About Tue, 12 Feb 2008 01:46:32 -0600, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And
    >> wrote The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> I have a 32 inch analog television and a digital cable box.
    >>>
    >>> Is the picture clearer with a digital connection on a regular analog
    >>> television or do you have to have a flat screen to utilize any gain in
    >>> clarity from a digital connection?

    >> For a significant noticeable difference to be seen you would need HD
    >> signal with HDTV. What you have is the best it's going to get
    >> without taking the next step up. If you live in an area where over
    >> the air signal is of good quality, you will see a better picture on
    >> an analog TV than provided by both Cable or Satellite.
    >> Not to worry, the technology will all be changing next year. <g>
    >> Good Luck
    >> --
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest