quick MSN Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim & Lil, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    Again I ask about the same software only with a different question.

    I gave MSN my E;mail adress etc as this program came with the computer.
    I gave out the information it required and then I suddenly get an E;mail
    welcoming me to MSN and wanting me to reply and verifying my e;mail
    adress....I kill the incoming mail and delete it....now I get a constant
    window from MSN coming up saying 'you need to verify your E:mail adress".

    I know it's my own stupid fault as I take immediate offense to anyone
    sending any information unnanounced...so I deleted it....I just thought it
    was another spam thing.... now I am being constantly reminded to do this by
    this software which came with the program saying i need to verify my E:mail
    adress with MSN Constantly now and i could throw the whole works out the
    frigging window!
    .I actually did that a few months ago (tried to delete the program) and
    found out after a 50 dollar consulting fee is that MSN and it;'s type are
    part of the software that comes with the computer..

    How to I get the MSN folks to send me another 'letter" so i can be
    registered with there cult and there frigging pop up won't happen in my Mail
    any more...... Thanks

    Jim & Lil, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Jim & Lil

    trout Guest

    Jim & Lil wrote:

    > Again I ask about the same software only with a different
    > question.

    I'm sure you're a very memorable person; but it's a big newsgroup.
    Do you mean MSN Messenger? A search indicates that this was the last
    program you were asking about.

    > I gave MSN my E;mail adress etc as this program came with the
    > computer. I gave out the information it required and then I suddenly
    > get an E;mail welcoming me to MSN and wanting me to reply and
    > verifying my e;mail adress....I kill the incoming mail and delete
    > it....now I get a constant window from MSN coming up saying 'you
    > need to verify your E:mail adress".
    >
    > I know it's my own stupid fault as I take immediate offense to
    > anyone sending any information unnanounced...so I deleted it....I
    > just thought it was another spam thing.... now I am being constantly
    > reminded to do this by this software which came with the program
    > saying i need to verify my E:mail adress with MSN Constantly now and
    > i could throw the whole works out the frigging window!
    > .I actually did that a few months ago (tried to delete the
    > program) and found out after a 50 dollar consulting fee is that MSN
    > and it;'s type are part of the software that comes with the computer..
    >

    > How to I get the MSN folks to send me another 'letter" so i can be
    > registered with there cult and there frigging pop up won't happen in
    > my Mail any more...... Thanks

    If it *is* Messenger; you should be able to simply uninstall it and
    download another copy.
    --
    "If you want to use it."

    trout, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Jim & Lil

    Jim & Lil Guest

    Tried that trout a while back and I lost a lot of other stuff as it was
    wound in amongst stuff that needed to work...so had to reboot the whole
    computer and I have so much stuff stored right now that I don't want to lose
    it.
    Thanks for your your efforts though Jim

    Jim & Lil, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Jim & Lil

    trout Guest

    Jim & Lil wrote:

    > Tried that trout a while back and I lost a lot of other stuff as it
    > was wound in amongst stuff that needed to work...so had to reboot the
    > whole computer and I have so much stuff stored right now that I don't
    > want to lose it.
    > Thanks for your your efforts though Jim

    What exactly did you do? I note that in your previous message you
    refer to 'deleting', suggesting that you were just looking around and
    removing MSN stuff.
    There should be no impact upon other programs if you *uninstall*
    Messenger from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
    However, if you just want to register; you should be able to open
    Messenger, click on Tools; Options; Accounts tab, and click the button
    to sign up for a new "Passport". I suggest you have an alternative
    address handy if you do so.

    trout, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Jim & Lil

    trout Guest

    trout wrote:

    > Jim & Lil wrote:
    >
    >> Tried that trout a while back and I lost a lot of other stuff as it
    >> was wound in amongst stuff that needed to work...so had to reboot the
    >> whole computer and I have so much stuff stored right now that I don't
    >> want to lose it.
    >> Thanks for your your efforts though Jim

    > What exactly did you do? I note that in your previous message you
    > refer to 'deleting', suggesting that you were just looking around and
    > removing MSN stuff.
    > There should be no impact upon other programs if you *uninstall*
    > Messenger from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
    > However, if you just want to register; you should be able to open
    > Messenger, click on Tools; Options; Accounts tab, and click the button
    > to sign up for a new "Passport". I suggest you have an alternative
    > address handy if you do so.

    Oh, and while in Options; you could go to the General tab, and
    uncheck the option to start Messenger automatically on log-on. You'd
    also want to remove that option in OE: Tools; Options, General tab.
    --
    "It's an insidious little bugger."

    trout, Feb 25, 2004