    I'm running XP Pro SP2

    Cheers,
    Ken Russell

    Rusty, Mar 22, 2007

  2. "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOUR HAT home.com.au> wrote in message
    news:46022420$0$5749$...
    > Each time I boot up my PC I have to enable the quick launch bar. It
    > disappears when I shut down.
    >
    > Also, no restore points appear other than the current day's checkpoint.
    >
    > I've run out of ideas on how to fix these problems. Are they likely
    > caused by malaware?
    >
    > I'm running XP Pro SP2
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Ken Russell

    Download and run "HijackThis" and look for the following entry:

    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\Windows\System32\wsaupdater.exe

    Paste that line into Google and find a fix.
    It will in something like:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

    Senior's Guide to Computers
    http://www.seniorsguidetocomputers.com

    Seniors Guide to Computers, Mar 22, 2007