Quick Excel question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    I need to deliver a translation in Excel to my client today...

    If there are 2 or 3 expressions to be typed in one cell, how can I get Excel
    recognize a "line break"? Pressing ENTER brings the cursor into the next
    cell...

    Right now a cell looks like that:

    cat dog chicken

    I want to look it like this one:

    cat
    dog
    chicken

    Thanks,
    Murgi
    Murgi, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Murgi wrote:
    > I need to deliver a translation in Excel to my client today...
    >
    > If there are 2 or 3 expressions to be typed in one cell, how can I
    > get Excel recognize a "line break"? Pressing ENTER brings the cursor
    > into the next cell...
    >

    > Right now a cell looks like that:
    >
    > cat dog chicken
    >
    > I want to look it like this one:
    >
    > cat
    > dog
    > chicken
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain
    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    > Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!

    Haha... this must have been a very dumb question!:)

    Tanks a lot! Now I can do a proper job and deliver even before the deadline
    passes...

    Sigi
    Murgi, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Murgi wrote:
    >> Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!
    >>

    > Haha... this must have been a very dumb question!:)
    >
    > Tanks a lot! Now I can do a proper job and deliver even before the
    > deadline passes...
    >

    > Sigi

    Not dumb at all...it took me a few minutes to figure it out (years ago).

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain
    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004