    thanks

    --
    newsgroups signature

    fros, Dec 16, 2003

  2. fros

    fros Guest

    > Say you arrive at a customers house, his machine's a mess, and you want

    > make a quick drive image of his system before you start tinkering under

    the
    > hood. Never know what you're going to find or what's ggoing to happen

    next -
    > right ? You may need to restore it to the way it was?
    > What would you install for ease of use and ease of restore - Drive Image

    (4
    > or 5) or Ghost (8 or 2003) or something else ?

    ===============
    Some research tells me drive image is a little more user friendly and does
    the job well and that Ghost has more features, particiularly network
    options, and does the job equally well. I read further that DI is probably
    better for the home or single machine setup and Ghost better for the IT pro
    or business setup.
    Do you agree?

    fros, Dec 16, 2003

  3. fros

    John D Loop Guest

    I agree. Drive image is a saviour! I might run an antivirus and a spyware
    remover in front of the customer before I saved an image. Maybe even a
    registry clean.
    I have never exprienced those tools killing a PC.
    Check my web site for tips on insuring safe computing in wired and wireless
    homenetworking environments!
    www.pccitizen.com

    John D Loop, Dec 17, 2003
  4. fros

    fros Guest

    Great site.! I'll be reading many of the articles trying to teach myself.

    fros, Dec 17, 2003
  5. fros

    John Loop Guest

    I did see that, and I wonder how the merge will turn out.
    I bought driveimage 7, and am not quite as comfortable with it as with
    driveimage 2002.
    I see Checkpoint bought zone labs also.
    Two very important tools are getting absorbed by big companies.
    This doesn't usually bode well....
    John

    --
    www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.