    All replies apprecitted, thanks.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2005

  2. ~misfit~

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:43 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey gang,
    >
    >A year or so ago I ripped a large video file to DivX into three bits. I
    >didn't have a DVD burner then and wanted it backed up onto optical media so
    >set Dr DivX to make 3 650MB files. Now I have a DVD burner I'd like to
    >combine the files and burn them to one DVD-R. Is this possible? Easy?
    >Without re-encoding?
    >
    >All replies apprecitted, thanks.

    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/pp_join.html

    Note there is a guide on that page to do the job with VirtualDub
    instead.

    GraB, Oct 29, 2005

  3. ~misfit~

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:43 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Hey gang,
    >
    > A year or so ago I ripped a large video file to DivX into three bits. I
    > didn't have a DVD burner then and wanted it backed up onto optical media so
    > set Dr DivX to make 3 650MB files. Now I have a DVD burner I'd like to
    > combine the files and burn them to one DVD-R. Is this possible? Easy?
    > Without re-encoding?
    >
    > All replies apprecitted, thanks.

    You could just write them onto dvd with sequentially named files. That way,
    most players will play them properly if they do divx/xvid. I notice that
    the new $80 dvd player at countdown claims divx...

    If you want to make them into true dvd, you will have to re-encode them.
    With virtualdub I guess, but there are other, more practical programs that
    are a bit smarter reharding audio sychro etc. And then it would not have
    all the menus etc.

    And then you will be left with a poor quality dvd. Ideally, you would
    simply copy the original again using dvd shrink and dvd decryptor. Faster,
    better quality, menus etc set up.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #127148 +(3697)- [X]

    <Ich> I have passed the transitional stage of internet geekhood
    <Ich> I was cashiering at work today, and was punching in the code for
    plums, which is 4040.
    <Ich> and the 0 key doesn't work this well, so I punched it in wrong.
    <Ich> and the machine flashed up "Item Not Found: 404"
    <Ich> and I actually laughed out loud

    Note: All my comments are copyright 29/10/2005 9:28:48 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Oct 29, 2005
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:43 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Hey gang,
    >>
    >> A year or so ago I ripped a large video file to DivX into three
    >> bits. I didn't have a DVD burner then and wanted it backed up onto
    >> optical media so set Dr DivX to make 3 650MB files. Now I have a DVD
    >> burner I'd like to combine the files and burn them to one DVD-R. Is
    >> this possible? Easy? Without re-encoding?
    >>
    >> All replies apprecitted, thanks.

    > You could just write them onto dvd with sequentially named files.
    > That way, most players will play them properly if they do divx/xvid.
    > I notice that the new $80 dvd player at countdown claims divx...

    I just want them to play on my PC.

    > If you want to make them into true dvd, you will have to re-encode
    > them. With virtualdub I guess, but there are other, more practical
    > programs that are a bit smarter reharding audio sychro etc. And then
    > it would not have all the menus etc.
    >
    > And then you will be left with a poor quality dvd. Ideally, you would
    > simply copy the original again using dvd shrink and dvd decryptor.
    > Faster, better quality, menus etc set up.

    I've lent the original to the in-laws and am not in a hurry to go get it.
    ;-)

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2005
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:43 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey gang,
    >>
    >> A year or so ago I ripped a large video file to DivX into three
    >> bits. I didn't have a DVD burner then and wanted it backed up onto
    >> optical media so set Dr DivX to make 3 650MB files. Now I have a DVD
    >> burner I'd like to combine the files and burn them to one DVD-R. Is
    >> this possible? Easy? Without re-encoding?
    >>
    >> All replies apprecitted, thanks.

    > http://www.divx-digest.com/software/pp_join.html
    >
    > Note there is a guide on that page to do the job with VirtualDub
    > instead.

    Thanks, will look tomorrow.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2005
  6. ~misfit~

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:48:54 +1300, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > I just want them to play on my PC.

    Just dump them to dvd as is then, most windows media players will play them
    if you have the codecs installed. No need to re-encode. Just give them
    sequential file names or order them correctly in your play list.

    XP will scan the disk and ask you if you want to play them. Couldn't be
    simpler.

    DVD data disk. Of any relevant format. UDF is preferred I think.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #85514 +(4870)- [X]

    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 30/10/2005 2:22:45 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Oct 29, 2005
  7. ~misfit~

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:49:13 +1300, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:05:43 +1300, "~misfit~"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hey gang,
    >>>
    >>> A year or so ago I ripped a large video file to DivX into three
    >>> bits. I didn't have a DVD burner then and wanted it backed up onto
    >>> optical media so set Dr DivX to make 3 650MB files. Now I have a DVD
    >>> burner I'd like to combine the files and burn them to one DVD-R. Is
    >>> this possible? Easy? Without re-encoding?
    >>>
    >>> All replies apprecitted, thanks.

    >> http://www.divx-digest.com/software/pp_join.html
    >>
    >> Note there is a guide on that page to do the job with VirtualDub
    >> instead.

    >Thanks, will look tomorrow.
    >
    >Cheers,

    There is also AVIJoin, worth looking at.

    GraB, Oct 29, 2005
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:49:13 +1300, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> GraB wrote:

    >>> http://www.divx-digest.com/software/pp_join.html
    >>>
    >>> Note there is a guide on that page to do the job with VirtualDub
    >>> instead.

    >> Thanks, will look tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Cheers,

    > There is also AVIJoin, worth looking at.

    Cheers.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 29, 2005