    before birth?

    The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't
    believe this.
    anthonyberet, Aug 29, 2006

  2. anthonyberet

    Thip Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    > before birth?
    >
    > The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    > this.

    Heaven.
    Thip, Aug 29, 2006

  3. anthonyberet wrote:
    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    > before birth?

    Switzerland.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 29, 2006
  4. anthonyberet

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Thip wrote:
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    >>before birth?
    >>
    >>The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    >>this.

    > Heaven.

    Heaven, if they were baptised as infants.
    Rick Merrill, Aug 30, 2006
  5. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > Thip wrote:
    >> "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they
    >>> die before birth?
    >>>
    >>> The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't
    >>> believe this.

    >> Heaven.
    >>

    > Heaven, if they were baptised as infants.

    What if they were not baptised? - I am referring to unborn children
    primarily.
    anthonyberet, Aug 30, 2006
  6. There's no such thing as an unborn child.

    A baby by definition is a human that ha drawn breath.

    A fetus has not yet drawn breath so it is not a child.

    There's always the problem with the stillborn so.............

    In any event, the whole subject is a religious one thus you can give it
    the interpretation that suit you. That's what all religions do!

    Have a happy argument folks!

    Jean-Pierre
    Jean-Pierre Gauthier, Aug 30, 2006
  7. anthonyberet

    philo Guest

    "Jean-Pierre Gauthier" <> wrote in message
    > There's no such thing as an unborn child.

    well said!
    philo, Aug 30, 2006
  8. "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    > before birth?
    >
    > The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    > this.

    Mostly they are shipped off to Detroit...but some are sent to Fargo or
    Keokuk.
    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Aug 30, 2006
  9. anthonyberet

    WeeWilly Guest

    Protestants don't believe in limbo.
    Unborn babies as well as children who die before they reach the "age or
    reason" go to heaven.

    WeeWilly, Aug 30, 2006
  10. anthonyberet

    Sven Guest

    "Douglas C. Neidermeyer" <> wrote in message
    > "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >> Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    >> before birth?
    >>
    >> The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    >> this.

    > Mostly they are shipped off to Detroit...but some are sent to Fargo or
    > Keokuk.

    He was talking about fetuses, They all go to Georgia.

    Sven, Aug 30, 2006
  11. anthonyberet

    Frosty Guest

    As the sun rose on 29 Aug 2006 16:46:47 -0700, the distinguished and
    oh so talented "Jean-Pierre Gauthier" <>
    climbed up to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice
    water and shouted in a loud voice:

    >There's no such thing as an unborn child.
    >
    >A baby by definition is a human that has drawn breath.
    >
    >A fetus has not yet drawn breath so it is not a child.

    That's what Morman's believe (I think)

    Frosty, Aug 30, 2006
  12. anthonyberet

    Scraggy Guest

    anthonyberet wrote:
    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they
    > die before birth?
    >
    > The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't
    > believe this.

    WGAF?

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Aug 30, 2006
  13. Sven mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Douglas C. Neidermeyer" <> wrote in message
    >> "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    >>> Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they
    >>> die before birth?
    >>>
    >>> The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't
    >>> believe this.

    >> Mostly they are shipped off to Detroit...but some are sent to Fargo or
    >> Keokuk.
    >>

    > He was talking about fetuses, They all go to Georgia.

    I've seen a couple in Paducah.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.
    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2006
  14. anthonyberet

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:21:45 +0100, anthonyberet Has Frothed:

    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    > before birth?
    >
    > The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    > this.

    I don't think prostitutes care, silly.

    Meat Plow, Aug 30, 2006
  15. anthonyberet

    Frosty Guest

    As the sun rose on Wed, 30 Aug 2006 07:56:51 +0100, the distinguished
    and oh so talented "Scraggy" <>
    climbed up to the podium, shuffled some papers, took a sip of ice
    water and shouted in a loud voice:

    >anthonyberet wrote:
    >> Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they
    >> die before birth?
    >>
    >> The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't
    >> believe this.

    >WGAF?

    The OP?
    Frosty, Aug 30, 2006
  16. anthonyberet

    MistressAD Guest

    The Catholics cancelled limbo

    Alice Dark
    http://www.nodeadtrees.com/

    MistressAD, Aug 30, 2006
  17. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    > There's no such thing as an unborn child.
    >
    > A baby by definition is a human that ha drawn breath.
    >
    > A fetus has not yet drawn breath so it is not a child.
    >
    > There's always the problem with the stillborn so.............
    >
    > In any event, the whole subject is a religious one thus you can give it
    > the interpretation that suit you. That's what all religions do!

    Yes I know that.
    I was asking what interpretation protestant Christians tend to put on it....
    anthonyberet, Aug 31, 2006
  18. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    WeeWilly wrote:
    > Protestants don't believe in limbo.
    > Unborn babies as well as children who die before they reach the "age or
    > reason" go to heaven.

    Even though incapable of the beatific vision?
    How to overcome original sin? - Or don't protestants believe in that?
    anthonyberet, Aug 31, 2006
  19. anthonyberet

    WeeWilly Guest

    Protestants believe ALL are born in sin.. inherited from the fall of our
    first parents.
    What's a beatific vision? The Bible says we are all sinners and need of
    redemption.. Protestants believe that those who reach the age of reason..
    or the ability to make a decision on their own, vs being baptized by parents
    and therefore the decision was the parents.. not the childs, must make that
    decision of their own accord once the scriptural basis of salvation is
    explained to them. It is the choice of the child (or adult) to make that
    decision. Where they go after death is based on that choice. But, let's
    face it.. a baby does not have that choice, and there is no scriptural basis
    for parents making that decision for the child. Scripture points to Jesus
    loving children.. He won't condemn those who have not had the chance to make
    a choice. Further scripture says we will be judged on what we have heard.
    Where does that leave the child..? Certainly not in limbo/purgatory/hell.

    WeeWilly, Aug 31, 2006
  20. anthonyberet

    DWACON Guest

    > Where do protestants believe the souls of unborn children go if they die
    > before birth?
    >
    > The Catholic Church says to Limbo, but I gather protestants don't believe
    > this.

    Limbo is a dance they do in the Carribbean...

    --
    Your parents take care of you until you're 21.
    The government takes care of you after you're 65.
    DWACON, Aug 31, 2006