Quick Book file access very very very slow

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thomas Reed, Apr 9, 2004.

  1. Thomas Reed

    Thomas Reed Guest

    Ok here's the deal.....Peer to peer network, all on 100mps nics and
    hub, windows xp is os. The quickbook files are sotred on one machine
    and each of the other 3 run quickbook s and open these files. but the
    problem is it i s very very slow for access on 2 of the other 3
    machines. any ideas?



    --Thomas Reed
    Rocket Computers
    (978)745-2000 x207
     
    Thomas Reed, Apr 9, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Thomas Reed

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Thomas Reed wrote:

    > Ok here's the deal.....Peer to peer network, all on 100mps nics and
    > hub, windows xp is os. The quickbook files are sotred on one machine
    > and each of the other 3 run quickbook s and open these files. but the
    > problem is it i s very very slow for access on 2 of the other 3
    > machines. any ideas?
    >
    >
    >
    > --Thomas Reed
    > Rocket Computers
    > (978)745-2000 x207
    >


    Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.

    --
    When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?
     
    PuddleNuts, Apr 9, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Thomas Reed

    Palindrome Guest

    PuddleNuts wrote:

    > Thomas Reed wrote:


    <snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
    profession
    would regard as adequate>
    >>
    >>
    >> --Thomas Reed
    >> Rocket Computers (978)745-2000 x207
    >>

    >
    >
    > Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.
    >

    That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
    engaged...
     
    Palindrome, Apr 9, 2004
    #3
  4. Thomas Reed

    PuddleNuts Guest

    Palindrome wrote:

    > PuddleNuts wrote:
    >
    >> Thomas Reed wrote:

    >
    >
    > <snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
    > profession
    > would regard as adequate>
    >
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> --Thomas Reed
    >>> Rocket Computers (978)745-2000 x207
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.
    >>

    > That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
    > engaged...

    bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah

    LMAO


    --
    When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?
     
    PuddleNuts, Apr 9, 2004
    #4
  5. Thomas Reed

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:09:48 +0100, Palindrome wrote:

    >PuddleNuts wrote:
    >
    >> Thomas Reed wrote:

    >
    ><snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
    >profession
    >would regard as adequate>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> --Thomas Reed
    >>> Rocket Computers (978)745-2000 x207
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.
    >>

    >That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
    >engaged...


    Although quite funny.

    http://www.rocketcomputers.com/
    Improve Upon Everything You Touch

    Our Mission
    Provide the most comprehensive technology consulting through customized
    computing solutions with unparalleled customer service and support while
    reducing the risk of technological obsolescence.

    Products
    Rocket Computers Features a Full Line of Custom-Built Hardware Solutions
    in Support of Your Mission Critical Applications.

    As usual, DOCTYPE on the page so author 'pretends' to follow some sort
    of standard then this happens.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.rocketcomputers.com/mainbody.htm
    This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!

    Me
     
    why?, Apr 9, 2004
    #5
  6. Thomas Reed

    PuddleNuts Guest

    why? wrote:


    > Although quite funny.
    >
    > http://www.rocketcomputers.com/
    > Improve Upon Everything You Touch
    >
    > Our Mission
    > Provide the most comprehensive technology consulting through customized
    > computing solutions with unparalleled customer service and support while
    > reducing the risk of technological obsolescence.
    >
    > Products
    > Rocket Computers Features a Full Line of Custom-Built Hardware Solutions
    > in Support of Your Mission Critical Applications.
    >
    > As usual, DOCTYPE on the page so author 'pretends' to follow some sort
    > of standard then this happens.
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.rocketcomputers.com/mainbody.htm
    > This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!
    >
    > Me


    HAR HAR HAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwaaaaaaaaahhahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

    I don't mean to bust on the guy, but hey!

    --
    When you played in the sandbox as a kid, did cats keep trying to bury you?
     
    PuddleNuts, Apr 9, 2004
    #6
  7. Thomas Reed

    Thomas Reed Guest

    PuddleNuts <> wrote in message news:<taydc.96$>...
    > Palindrome wrote:
    >
    > > PuddleNuts wrote:
    > >
    > >> Thomas Reed wrote:

    > >
    > >
    > > <snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
    > > profession
    > > would regard as adequate>
    > >
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>> --Thomas Reed
    > >>> Rocket Computers (978)745-2000 x207
    > >>>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.
    > >>

    > > That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
    > > engaged...

    > bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
    >
    > LMAO


    Ok I desevre all that..but still I have run into it about 10 times in
    the past month with different setups and there seems to be no
    explantion for it at all..

    --Thomas Reed
     
    Thomas Reed, Apr 9, 2004
    #7
  8. Thomas Reed

    Palindrome Guest

    Thomas Reed wrote:

    > PuddleNuts <> wrote in message news:<taydc.96$>...
    >
    >>Palindrome wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>PuddleNuts wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Thomas Reed wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>><snip of description of computer problem that no-one in the computer
    >>>profession
    >>>would regard as adequate>
    >>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>--Thomas Reed
    >>>>>Rocket Computers (978)745-2000 x207
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Try giving Rocket Computers a call @ (978)745-2000.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>That was mean - they are probably still wondering why it is always
    >>>engaged...

    >>
    >>bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah
    >>
    >>LMAO

    >
    >
    > Ok I desevre all that..but still I have run into it about 10 times in
    > the past month with different setups and there seems to be no
    > explantion for it at all..
    >
    > --Thomas Reed



    Well, give a more professional description of the problem and what you
    have looked at. Delays are caused by resource limitations and you should
    be able to identify which resource is the limiting factor. Changing
    network protocols can often be illuminating if you think that data
    transfer is the problem.
     
    Palindrome, Apr 9, 2004
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Expert lino fitter

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Expert lino fitter, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    666
    Expert lino fitter
    Dec 10, 2008
  2. Expert lino fitter

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Expert lino fitter, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    669
    Expert lino fitter
    Dec 12, 2008
  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty

    Re: slow slow slow!

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    678
    Shel-hed
    Dec 10, 2008
  4. chuckcar

    Re: slow slow slow!

    chuckcar, Dec 10, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    549
    chuckcar
    Dec 10, 2008
  5. General Patron

    Re: slow slow slow!

    General Patron, Dec 11, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    528
    General Patron
    Dec 11, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page