    I keep a "Sent message folder", it seems to work, *just* for the messages
    sent from that client. Is there anyway to combine these?

    Thanks in advance.....

    ng_reader, May 21, 2007

  2. ng_reader

    old man Guest

    Why an earth would you want to run two email clients on the same PC,
    presumably, connected to the same account?

    I keep a "Sent message folder", ..... Is there anyway to combine these?
    combine with what?

    old man, May 21, 2007

  3. ng_reader

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    > Why an earth would you want to run two email clients on the same PC,
    > presumably, connected to the same account?
    >
    > I keep a "Sent message folder", ..... Is there anyway to combine these?
    > combine with what?

    (Combine the sent items in Outlook with the sent items in OE6.)

    WhzzKdd, May 21, 2007
  4. ng_reader

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ng_reader" <> wrote in message
    >I am running both, mostly due to the commercial nature of Outlook.
    >
    > My question is this, with both running, and sharing the same mail account,
    > will
    >
    > 1)both email clients receive the same message?

    Only if you configure your account options to "leave messages on server".

    > I keep a "Sent message folder", it seems to work, *just* for the messages
    > sent from that client. Is there anyway to combine these?

    Not automatically. I suppose you could manually work out that kind of thing,
    but then you'd have to manually do it again everytime you used the other
    email client.

    There is absolutely no need to run two email clients - you'll just confuse
    things. If you need the "commerical nature" features in Outlook, then use
    that. If you don't need them, the use OE.

    WhzzKdd, May 21, 2007
  5. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    > "ng_reader" <> wrote in message
    >>I am running both, mostly due to the commercial nature of Outlook.
    >>
    >> My question is this, with both running, and sharing the same mail
    >> account, will
    >>
    >> 1)both email clients receive the same message?
    >>

    > Only if you configure your account options to "leave messages on server".
    >
    >> I keep a "Sent message folder", it seems to work, *just* for the messages
    >> sent from that client. Is there anyway to combine these?
    >>

    > Not automatically. I suppose you could manually work out that kind of
    > thing, but then you'd have to manually do it again everytime you used the
    > other email client.
    >
    > There is absolutely no need to run two email clients - you'll just confuse
    > things. If you need the "commerical nature" features in Outlook, then use
    > that. If you don't need them, the use OE.

    Well you are both right.

    But, in my OE, I have multiple accounts using HTTP mail, or, more accurately
    Hotmail. I was under the impression that the only mail client that I can use
    to retrieve email from hotmail is OE. Plus, I use OE to read my newsgroups.

    Yes, leaving messages on the server is an option I have not pondered.

    Thanks.

    ng_reader, May 22, 2007
  6. ng_reader

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 21 May 2007 20:50:22 -0400, "ng_reader"
    <> wrote:

    >But, in my OE, I have multiple accounts using HTTP mail, or, more accurately
    >Hotmail.

    HTTP mail is different from POP. You are not retrieving HTTP mail
    through outlook.

    >I was under the impression that the only mail client that I can use
    >to retrieve email from hotmail is OE.

    No. You can retrieve any POP email through any mail client.

    >Plus, I use OE to read my newsgroups.

    You can use any of a number of different newsgroup clients to read
    newsgroups.

    Evan Platt, May 22, 2007
  7. ng_reader

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "ng_reader" <> wrote in message

    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "ng_reader" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am running both, mostly due to the commercial nature of Outlook.
    >>>
    >>> My question is this, with both running, and sharing the same mail
    >>> account, will
    >>>
    >>> 1)both email clients receive the same message?
    >>>

    >> Only if you configure your account options to "leave messages on server".
    >>
    >>> I keep a "Sent message folder", it seems to work, *just* for the
    >>> messages sent from that client. Is there anyway to combine these?
    >>>

    >> Not automatically. I suppose you could manually work out that kind of
    >> thing, but then you'd have to manually do it again everytime you used the
    >> other email client.
    >>
    >> There is absolutely no need to run two email clients - you'll just
    >> confuse things. If you need the "commerical nature" features in Outlook,
    >> then use that. If you don't need them, the use OE.
    >>

    > Well you are both right.
    >
    > But, in my OE, I have multiple accounts using HTTP mail, or, more
    > accurately Hotmail. I was under the impression that the only mail client
    > that I can use to retrieve email from hotmail is OE. Plus, I use OE to
    > read my newsgroups.

    Ah - yes. The "grandfathered" Hotmail accounts. I have one too. So that's
    about the only reason I can see using OE if you prefer Outlook's PIM
    capabilities.

    (Bad news: Hotmail doesn't work that way in Vista's "Windows Mail" - no HTTP
    accounts. I had to finally give up and put a shortcut on my desktop for the
    Hotmail web interface.)

    And Outlook would automatically call OE for your newsgroups, even if you
    aren't using it for email.

    > Yes, leaving messages on the server is an option I have not pondered.

    Since I sometimes check my home email at work, I have mine set to leave
    messages for 10 days, or to delete them when deleted from the email client.
    So if I check my POP accounts when I'm away from home, I still get a copy on
    my home PC when I get back.

    WhzzKdd, May 22, 2007