    I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
    What is the best program to compile this with?

    Fred

    Fred, Jul 29, 2006

  2. Fred

    Uplink Guest

    But it does't have the let values and stuff though. If you want to
    compile a program with that, how about a program that allows you to
    enter numbers, then get the average? I don't know if it's best...

    Uplink, Jul 29, 2006

  3. Fred

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Fred wrote in message
    <>...
    >I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
    >What is the best program to compile this with?
    >
    >Fred

    QBasic 4.5 had internal compiling capabilities. It is probably available
    for download somewhere. I used to use it, and would offer to make you a
    copy but it has been years and I no longer have it.

    I wish you good luck in your venture. I discovered QB in 1998 and since
    then I have been very interested in learning computer programming. Even
    though it is for DOS it is still an excellent learning tool, and you can
    make some pretty useful applications in it as well.

    I wrote some programs to make common office tasks easier for myself and my
    father, like an envlope printer that could store addresses in a file and
    simple stuff like that.

    Have fun, and good luck!

    Ernie Werbel, Jul 29, 2006
  4. Fred

    Robert Baer Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
    > What is the best program to compile this with?
    >
    > Fred

    I have the most recent M$ DOS-based BASIC interpreter/compiler they
    made; "Professional Development System" version 7.1 (if i remember the
    version correctly).
    Their next version was Visual Basic; totally different.
    I could send you the complete PDS system including manuals if you want.
    The PDS runs under the DOS box in Win95, Win98 or Win98SE, or command
    box (similar to DOS box but different name) in Win2K and i presume in XP
    as well.
    When running in DOS emulation mode on a gooie like that, the SET
    paths must be pointing to the libraries and help system for full useability.

    Robert Baer, Jul 30, 2006
  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >
    > > I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
    > > What is the best program to compile this with?
    > >
    > > Fred
    > >

    > I have the most recent M$ DOS-based BASIC interpreter/compiler they
    > made; "Professional Development System" version 7.1 (if i remember the
    > version correctly).
    > Their next version was Visual Basic; totally different.
    > I could send you the complete PDS system including manuals if you want.
    > The PDS runs under the DOS box in Win95, Win98 or Win98SE, or command
    > box (similar to DOS box but different name) in Win2K and i presume in XP
    > as well.
    > When running in DOS emulation mode on a gooie like that, the SET
    > paths must be pointing to the libraries and help system for full useability

    Thanks to all for their suggestions.
    I still have the old Quick Basic Program.
    Nothing seems to have moved on in a useful direction.
    Thanks
    Fred

    Fred, Aug 2, 2006