    Ted Guest

    Will the D70 use the same flash units as the D80? I am referring to
    dedicated units other than Nikon's.

    Ted, Apr 16, 2004

  2. Ted

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Ted wrote:

    > Will the D70 use the same flash units as the D80? I am referring
    > to dedicated units other than Nikon's.

    No, the D70 uses the new ITTL protocol. As of now, the only
    compatible flashes are the SB-600 and SB-800. I heard that
    Sigma is going to revise their 550DX to make it compatible with
    ITTL (550IX?), so you might have a cheaper alternative in the
    near future.

    Paolo Pizzi, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Ted

    George Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > Ted wrote:
    >
    > > Will the D70 use the same flash units as the D80? I am referring
    > > to dedicated units other than Nikon's.

    > No, the D70 uses the new ITTL protocol. As of now, the only
    > compatible flashes are the SB-600 and SB-800. I heard that
    > Sigma is going to revise their 550DX to make it compatible with
    > ITTL (550IX?), so you might have a cheaper alternative in the
    > near future.

    The D70 doesn't REQUIRE the SB-800, it WILL work with other flashes, just
    w/o the iTTL feature. I've used my D70 with my SB-24 and my Bowens Prolite
    100s. I don't think I'll put my old Vivitar 283 on it though as 235V is too
    close to the D70's maximum sync voltage for my comfort.

    George, Apr 18, 2004