    go and review my answers and sometimes change a few. Im not sure if thats a
    good thing or a bad thing. I would be intrested in what you guys think.

    Thanks

    BARRY ANDERSON, Dec 4, 2006

  2. Well as the old saying goes, "Your first answer is normally the correct
    one." I have never reviewed my answers after any of my exams. The only
    exception to this is when I have "marked" a question due to its
    complexity or ambiguous wording. Other than that, I answer and move on.
    Now with that said, why are you utilizing your gut instead of your
    head??? :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 4, 2006

  3. Sorry I worded that wrong. The gut feeling I was refering to is the answer I
    think is the one that seems to trigger a response when I read it.

    Thanks

    BARRY ANDERSON, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Just having fun with you Barry! Your gut feeling is normally correct.
    However, the key is to make sure you absolutely understand what the
    question is. Many people while taking these exams get tired easily, and
    start to "skim" the questions looking for keywords. After locating what
    they think Microsoft is trying to ask them, they proceed to answer the
    question incorrectly using that "gut feeling". There are also times when
    you have studied your butt off taking practice exams, and you think you
    run across a practice exam question on the actual exam. Be very cautions
    of this. You may choose the answer that was correct on the practice
    exam, but the question is slightly different. In this situation, your
    "gut feeling" may be wrong. Hope that helped. And now with talking about
    "gut feelings", I am hungry. Thanks! :)

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 5, 2006
  5. Michael

    You sure have a lot of credentials behind your name. Which one was the
    hardest to obtain? Is Network+ or A+ harder? Also how does the MCDST compare
    to the CIW certification in terms of difficulty to obtain?

    Keith

    Keith Chilton, Dec 6, 2006
  6. That's a tough question to answer. To be honest, the easiest exams I
    took were the 70-271 and 70-272. The only test I remember that gave me
    any trouble at all was the 70-215, Windows Server 2000 exam. But that
    was my fault; I just rushed my normal studying per my company's request
    to get us certified. I vowed never to rush any studying again. The CIW
    program is broad in nature; meaning you have different paths to follow
    once you get your feet wet. Cisco is the same way; which I am also a
    retired CCNA. I chose not to renew my CCNA because I have not touched a
    Cisco router since taking the exam. My current consulting position just
    does not pertain to such technology, but I digress. You question was
    which one was the hardest to obtain? For me, it was the MCSA.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    "Keith Chilton" <> wrote in
    message news::

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 6, 2006
  7. That's one i'd like to go after. Have you considered MCSE since you have the
    MCSA out of the way already? We have a couple Win 2k servers at work and one
    with AD on it. I think it would be good for me to try get a certification in
    that area. If nothing else but to just learn more about how that Server
    works together as a whole.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 6, 2006
  8. I have and am still considering the MCSE certification. However, it is
    just not a priority right now with me.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 6, 2006
  9. Have you considered the MOS? I know I know, Office probably will make you
    shutter when thinking about becoming certified in it. haha I still don't
    know if I want that torture or not. I think I definitely would like to try
    to go for the MCSA. It seems to be a very worthwhile certification to strive
    for. I'm not so sure the Vista cert would do that much more for me. I don't
    see companies go all out to Vista as soon as it's released. Heck it'll
    probably take at minimum 5 years before you see an entire company on the
    Vista platform. Even then that seems early. It's a lot of money to upgrade
    computer systems. Plus time. Who wants to change what works for them now? I
    can forsee Microsoft though advertising their product so that it only works
    for some new innovation that will greatly enhance the way business works.
    What will that "innovation" be? Office 2007? Surely that will work with XP
    Pro.

    By the way Michael, where are you from? I live in Indiana

    Keith Chilton, Dec 7, 2006
  10. I live in Jacksonville, Florida. As far as considering being certified
    at a MOS, I am 2 steps ahead of you. I have been studying for the Master
    MOS status for a bit now. It is a great designation to have. A majority
    of end users utilize some module of Microsoft Office; weather it is
    Word, Excel, or Outlook. Being proficient in this particular field is
    valuable for me. Having my clients using up-to-date software, and
    training them to utilize the product efficiently and effectively to save
    time is invaluable. Remember, people want to work smarter not harder. Do
    you realize that we do not even come close to using Microsoft products
    to their full potential? Microsoft has all but made Office 2007 work by
    itself! I have been using Microsoft Office since its conception, and I
    have to tell you that even the beta version of Office 2007 works
    brilliantly. Microsoft Word 2007 itself is worth the entire suite.

    I have a very clients that are old school. They still run Microsoft
    Office 2000 and they have a system. And that's great, it works for them.
    But when I bring in my laptop and showed them the beta version of
    Microsoft Office 2007, they all but paid me to install it on their
    systems! Being a certified MOS to me means being able to help my clients
    perform their day-to-day tasks easier. What person would not want that?
    My clients do not forget that. In return, I get great referrals and
    happy clients.

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 7, 2006
  11. Very interesting Michael. I haven't seen Office 2007 yet. Most of the
    individuals where I work use Office 2000. Select few have 2003. More and
    more are getting 2003 though. I totally agree with your whole viewpoint.
    Getting there smarter is always better than harder and helping make a client
    happy is always good for a good referral and future business. Maybe I will
    go after that MOS certification. I guess I just need to focus on this MCDST
    thing first, then decide which is more important to me now, MCSA or MOS.
    I've got time. By the way I wish I were in Florida. Dang! It's supposed to
    be in single digits here tommorow morning.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 8, 2006
  12. BARRY ANDERSON

    Doug MacKay Guest

    You found the MCDST tests easier than the A+ Net+ exams?

    Interesting, I did well on those but I am paranoid about these Microsoft
    certs even though I support XP machines every day.

    After the holidays I will go and kick some butt :)

    Doug MacKay, Dec 17, 2006
  13. I had taken enough Microsoft exams to feel comfortable with the format
    and content. Although I said the easiest were the MCDST exams, I should
    have prefaced that by saying they were the easiest Microsoft exams I
    took. As for the A+ and Network+ exams, yeah they were quite easy for
    me. I finished both A+ exams in 35 minutes total. The Network+ was about
    the same time. CompTIA exams are not nearly as wordy, but they were
    vague at times.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,