    his BIOS, it's called "everyday wakeup...".

    It works for him, if he shuts down, but not if he reboots his PC.

    He's running Win98.

    Chris, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    news:Bju0c.173725$...
    > My friend is trying to set his computer to "wake" at a certain time,

    through
    > his BIOS, it's called "everyday wakeup...".
    >
    > It works for him, if he shuts down, but not if he reboots his PC.
    >
    > He's running Win98.

    More info.

    He's saying for instance if he chooses to start it for the following
    morning, and doesn't boot the PC after the changes, it does as commanded.

    But, if he starts his PC before the set time, it doesn't do the wakeup.

    So his question is, why won't the system remember his wakeup command, if he
    later boots his PC up?

    Chris, Feb 29, 2004